The Coolest Careers
For most people the workday lasts from 9 am to 5 pm. Each morning people join the rat race and head to work to earn their hard earned paychecks. It gets old and boring quickly. And there is nothing wrong with a career change, no matter what age you are. If you want to be happy you need to do something fun. Something cool.
Why not find a cool career that fits your life, personality, and interests? How do you spend the work day? Is it fun and exciting? Or is it snoringly boring? Do people envy what you do? Do you look forward to going to work? Do you want to?
The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines a career as a profession for which one trains and which is undertaken as a permanent calling.
Do you have a career or are you still looking? If you are going to dedicate your life to doing one thing, why not make it the coolest thing possible. Why not seek out a cool career?
A cool career is something that you will enjoy doing everyday, all year long, for a good chunk of your life. Can you think of something you would enjoy that much? A cool career pays the bills, allows you to save money, keeps you entertained and interested, and also keeps you satisfied. It's the ultimate gig.
Did you know? Almost 21% of people are ready for a career change.
It would be impossible to list every cool career, but below is the start of the list of the coolest careers with a brief description of what the job entails. If you think you're ready to find your cool, dream job, then explore your options and find a career path that is perfect for you. You will never regret it.
- Recreational Therapist - If you enjoy helping people with disabilities and illnesses reach their full potential through recreational activities, then this is the job for you.
- Ethical Hacker - Big corporations pay for hackers to use their computer skills to legally hack into the company's security system to find, expose, and fix any security glitches that might exist.
- Headhunter - Headhunters use their matchmaking talents to help companies find high-end business people.
- Ocularist - It's a tragedy when someone loses an eye, but an ocularist can create a custom eye implant to help him blend into society.
- Bush Pilot - Flying small planes into the wilderness to deliver supplies, adventurers, or assist with a rescue is an exciting way to make a paycheck. Landing on a remote airstrip, lake, or snowfield is quite the rush for anyone who is up for it.
- Creative Director - Overseeing creative genius in an advertising agency is a fun career that combines creativity, marketing, and sales.
- Cartographer - We'd be lost without maps. Cartographers identify, create, and produce maps of all shapes and sizes, such as atlases, GPS, topographic maps, or road maps.
- Wedding Planner - No wedding is complete without a wedding planner to put the final, golden touches on all the details. Nothing can be overlooked.
- Flight Attendant - Flight attendants make the friendly skies friendlier. They ensure that all passengers enjoy a pleasant flight, plus they get to see the world and travel for free.
- Nurse - Nurses are always in demand. There are opportunities to work as nurses in schools, homes, hospitals, or any number of locations around the globe.
- EMT - Emergency Medical Technicians are the first ones to respond to accidents. They ride in ambulances and fire trucks to provide emergency care to anyone who needs it.
- Brewmaster - If you like beer, you'll love working as a brewmaster. Many small breweries, bars, and major companies need brewmasters to perfect tastes and manage the brewing processes.
- Voice Actor - Imagine hearing your voice on radio, television commercials, or animated shows. Sound captures the imagination. If you have a unique voice, then this is the gig for you.
- Hotel Engineer - Hotels need constant upkeep. Hotel engineers do handy work and manage hotel facilities such as the restaurants, pools, laundry, heating, and A/C. They have to do it all without disturbing the guests.
- Life Coach - Can you help people make life-altering changes by addressing behaviors and attitudes that need changing? That's what a life coach does.
- Trucker - Next time you drive in your car, count how many trucks you see on the road. Every truck is transporting goods that keep our economy running and every truck needs a driver.
- Clergy - If you have strong religious beliefs then sign up for life in the clergy where you will oversee the church and its community.
- Travel Agent - Do you want to organize and coordinate trips all around the globe for eager and excited tourists?
- Commercial Diver - Spend your days getting paid to perform underwater construction on oil rigs, bridges, pipes, and ships.
Did you know? Many cool jobs can help you escape the office cubicle.
If you're an empty nester or if you're not ready to settle down and you want to spend your working career doing something really cool, then maybe you'll be keen to take on the challenge of finding work with some of the hottest jobs and fields, which we will explore in the next section...