May 5th – September 22nd
40 Hours Per Week
$14 per hour plus tips
Housing is available for $15 per day
We have a great summer business in the heart of Alaska and we are looking for a great person to join us! All of our position earn tips as well and are scheduled for 40 hours a week. We have a fantastic place located 10 miles from the Denali National Park Entrance. We have a very unique and fun business and are looking for adventurous, motivated people to join our team. We hire approximately 90 people each summer. We have a unique restaurant, a 9 hole golf course, horse drawn Covered wagon rides, and guided ATV tours. We have a very exciting business with a great working environment! If you are looking for a fun summer job, we are the right place!
We have a very simple system where each person is assigned duties and then we basically expect it to happen. We check in on you a bit but we try to hire people who have great talent, (and basically don't need to be monitored), are easy to work with and can work as a team.
Summary of Position:
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food, such as cleaning station and washing dishes, and final plate preparation, including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served. Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Cover, date and correctly store all bits and pieces and food prep items
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Assist with all duties as assigned by Kitchen Manager
- Assists in dishwashing and food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Think ahead to plan for food preparation and recipes in upcoming day’s events
- Ability to remain positive in stressful situation
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs
- Professional and clean appearance
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Willingness to learn as much as you can about Black Diamond and Denali Park
- Safe and Clean with a Sanitation Focus at all Times
- Self-Motivated, mature, fun loving Person
- Adventurous looking for a fun summer job
- Friendly and like to talk to people
- Have a positive outlook and be an asset to our team
- You must be 21 years or older to work for us due to liquor license laws and insurance requirements
- Be flexible about what days you work, what schedule, and duties for the day
Almost all of the Employees that have come through Black Diamond tell me how different and refreshing it was to work with us. No matter how experienced I think you can gain something wonderful from working for us. Black Diamond offers a cultural environment, not just for the J1 students but also for us as a business, other employees, and the community. We all benefit from this opportunity as people from all over the world come to live and work and travel like a local for a few months in Alaska. Working for us is a great opportunity to learning more about other cultures and perspectives and make lifelong friends. Our jobs are challenging and require a great deal of energy and devotion. We need self-motivated individuals. That have a high team player ethic and love people and adventure!