Senior Energy Analyst, NA
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || American Wind Energy Association|
| Job Ref: ||
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| City: ||
| Address: ||
| Post Code: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
08/19/2012 04:33 AM
Mainstream RP is currently recruiting for a Senior Energy Analyst who will be based in our Toronto or Chicago office. This position will specialize in wind and solar energy analysis for projects across The United States and Canada.
• Develop site specific measurement campaigns.
• Management of the installation, maintenance and decommissioning of resource measurement stations.
• Ensuring contractors comply with relevant safety standards.
• Management of the collection and quality control of meteorological data to ensure maximum data coverage.
• Resource assessment and project layout design.
• Production of internal resource and energy production estimates.
• Liaise with turbine manufacturers regarding turbine suitability.
• Manage and review bankable third party energy production reports.
• Communicate site specific energy production related risks to the project teams.
• Review and assess reports and/or data from third party sites.
• Assessment of operational wind farms.
• Contributing to the Energy Analysis Group research and development.
• Preferably 3+ years experience in resource assessment
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or physical science required.
• Highly analytical with attention to detail and the ability to exercise engineering judgement.
• Experienced with analysis of large datasets.
• Advanced object orientated programming experience an advantage.
• Experience in the use of WAsP, WindFarmer or other wind resource assessment software essential.
• Knowledge of solar resource assessment an advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• The ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues is essential.
• Willingness to travel nationally and internationally to sites which are in generally remote areas.
• Full clean driving licence.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.