Geosciences Data Engineer
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Total Oil Company|
| Job Ref: ||
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| City: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
08/17/2012 06:46 AM
|Attached to the Geosciences GeoInformation Division in the HQ Geosciences Direction, the position is related to major geosciences applications running under UNIX, LINUX and Windows. The database systems includes Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access.
- Guarantee the organisation and availability of Geoscience data used for interpretation projects.
- Ensure the consistency, integrity and conservation of data.
- Guaranty the archiving of Geoscience projects.
- Arbitrate the demands and supervise the data loading.
- Liaise with users and the IT department to solve issues and best meet users needs (geologists, geophysicists and reservoir engineers).
- Develop and adjust methods and procedures for data routing between databases, file systems and applications.
- Stay up-to-date with new developments in sub-surface data management tools and propose/manage projects for implementation.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the affiliates.
|Formation et connaissances
|- BSc or MSc degree in geosciences or related disciplines.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of at least one of the core applications Geoframe, Landmark or Petrel.
- Thorough understanding of and experience with database construction, management and retrieval methods.
|- At least 2/3 years experience in the industry.
|- Good communication skills
- Motivated, enthusiastic and service oriented
- Good knowledge of French and English
- Ready to work worldwide
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.