Under the direction of Director of Food and Beverage.
To provide quality food and beverage service to guests of Snowbird in a family friendly restaurant/lounge, while always striving to increase revenues and decrease costs.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for coordinating and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations.
• Rewards and disciplines as merited by employee performance. Assigns, oversees and evaluates employee work performance. Recommends promotion, transfer or termination of employees based on performance evaluation.
• Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis. Maintains good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property. Follows state policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
• Provides directional flow of restaurant during service and plans, supervices all work done by dining room employees.
• Maintains daily records including revenues and payroll and is responsible for monthly profit and loss statements. Completes nightly reports. Reviews daily sales. Adjusts scheduling according to labor and sales figures.
• Ensures all guest needs are met during the course of the meal in order to achieve a positive dining experience for the guest. Handles guest complaints in a professional manner.
• Travel: Occasional travel to/from resort.
• Direct and continuous contact with guests.
• Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
• Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field. Additional related work experience may be substituted for education.
• 3-5 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Food Handler Permit, Tips Cert, Sheriff Work Card.
Skills & Knowledge:
Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including excellent guest service, listening and oral communication skills, also conflict management and dispute resolution skills. Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing and arithmetic with accuracy in counting, adding subtracting, multiplying dividing. Ability to learn menus, wine lists and display extensive knowledge in wine. Proficiency in handling large sums of money. Must direct staff activities and address guest issues while maintaining interactions between the dining room the kitchen and the bar. Strong level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Requires judgment within policy guidelines and intiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations. Understanding other Snowbird operations is essential.
• Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
• Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
• May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
• Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for service.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.