Rural Carr Assoc/Srv Reg Rte
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || U.S. Postal Service|
| Job Ref: ||
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| City: ||
| Salary: ||
15.56 PER HOUR
| Post Date: ||
08/12/2012 04:04 AM
Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle; provides customers on the route with a variety of services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
2. Receives and signs for accountable mail.
3. Loads mail in vehicle.
4. Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts
for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers' roadside boxes.
5. Sells stamps, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D., registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post;
furnishes routine information concerning postal matters and provides requested forms to customer.
6. Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
7. Prepares mail for forwarding amd maintains records of change of address information.
8. Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
9. Conducts special surveys when required.
10. Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed to provide service to customers on the route.
11. Provides for mail security at all times.
Manager, Customer Services; Supervisor, Customer Services; or Postmaster
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and
experience the following requirements:
1. Written Exam
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.