Operations Lead - Offshore
Vacancy has expired
Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Talisman Energy|
| Job Ref: ||
| Job Type: ||
| City: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
07/13/2012 06:27 AM
The Operations Lead (First Level Supervisor) is a member of the Claymore Offshore Operations Team, reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, with responsibility for all aspects of production related activities on CPP.
The Operations Lead must be fully conversant with the principles of Safe Isolation and Reinstatement of Plant, Integrated Safe Systems of Work Procedures, Claymores site directives and Talisman’s Safety Management System.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
- You will have responsibility for assisting in the preparation of work packs and associated documentation for operations, campaign maintenance, projects and TAR activities, including liaising with vendors to ensure efficient execution of planned activities. (e.g. BJ Services, Wire line )
- You will be expected to demonstrate high standards of commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment and will be an active role model for Talisman when interacting with vendors and contractors
- Contribute to continuous improvement in the safety and environmental performance of the installation through active involvement in risk assessments, audits, tool box talks
- Maintain safe operations and operational integrity through close attention to personal and process safety
- Lead the production team to ensure a highly motivated workforce is sustained and working in line with the key business objectives
- Ensure that the production team is equipped with the appropriate skills and equipment to achieve their roles
- Provide timely and effective operational communication
- Role model Talisman values and leadership behaviours
- Act as a key member of the Claymore offshore leadership team
- Lead by example and deliver on the 14 Expectations of a Talisman Leader
- Coach and develop technicians in line with individual and team aspirations
- Ensure the team are a motivated work force that feels their views and problems are listened to and suggestions are considered.
- Promote performance mindset within offshore teams to focus behaviours on safe working and optimising production levels against key targets under the direction of the Production Supervisor
- Monitor the performance of specialised engineers, service contractors, and vendor personnel to ensure planned activities are executed as scheduled
- Ensure that all competence targets of team are met
- Deliver daily, weekly, and monthly production activities on the platform, ensuring the facility achieves the required integrity and efficiency standards to reach targeted hydrocarbon production targets
- Promote performance mindset within offshore team to focus behaviours on safe working and optimising production levels against key targets under the direction of he Production Supervisor
- Understanding of Production Losses for all production downtime
- Responsible for first line operations fault finding and rectification in order to ensure safe and efficient operational delivery.
- Attend the Work Order Review Meeting (WORM) if required and provide critical support and detail to the maintenance department to ensure all activities are risk ranked and prioritised accordingly.
Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications:
- Able to manage small teams across shifts.
- Production delivery including processing and reaction to potential threats.
- Prioritisation of tasks and ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Measurement, reporting and analysing of data to enable optimisation of plant.
- A recognised Production Operations qualification such as Processing Operations (Hydrocarbons) Level 3.
- Mandatory safety, medical regulatory regulations for travel working offshore UKCS.
- Working at an operational site within a team.
- Strong production experience in the oil and gas business.
- Demonstrable delivery against targets for production and efficiency.
- Integrity, Drive, Enthusiasm and Professionalism
- Ability to adopt different leadership styles appropriate to the situation
- Self confidence and courage to intervene when required
- Sense of ownership and personal accountability for delivery
- Demonstrate the Talisman leadership behaviours.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
- This position is eligible for a referral bonus.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.