We are seeking an experienced Credit Analyst to manage our French & Spain credit and collections efforts (based in our Shared Service Center in Madrid).
The Credit Analyst will report to the EMEA Credit Manager (integrate in the Sunpower Treasury Department) and will ensure compliance to SunPower’s credit & collection, accounts receivable, billing and cash application policies & procedures in order to maximize profitability, sales and cash flow.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
• Establish/revise credit limits based on customer’s creditworthiness through extensive credit analysis; spreading financials, analyzing ratios, bank and trade references, 3rd party credit reports (Graydon International, Informa, etc.) as well as sales and payment trends. Recommend credit limits based on established policy;
• Performs yearly credit evaluations on all active customers and works with Sales to acquire recent financial statements and update credit documentation as required.
• Develop relationships with Sales, Customer Service (Partner Sales Representatives), Accounting, Legal, Internal Audit and other departments within the Company in order to provide transparency into the credit/collection process as well as to consistently enhance overall quality improvement in “credit-to-cash” workflow processes.
• Manage the French and Spanish collection activity as required. Responsible for resolving payment discrepancies and customer complaints; account reconciliations; assisting with cash applications and the identification of unknown cash receipts and establishing payback agreements in accordance with established policy. These activities are to be in coordination with other team members in the Philippines, USA and Poland.
• Regularly review the status of collections to assure that accounts receivable are current and that all past due balances have been researched and the reasons for non-payment documented and communicated to the appropriate parties.
• Recommend delinquent accounts for collection agency referral as needed.
• Suggest the placing of accounts/orders on credit hold and communicates such actions to Sales and the customer. Employs this “leverage” on a strategic basis to increase cash flow and to resolve long-standing disputes. Credit holds are based on balance exceeding credit availability, past-due invoices; failing to adhere to established payback agreements, etc.
• Negotiates settlements of disputed/bad debt accounts and breached payback agreements and works directly with in-house counsel on high-profile collection actions if efforts fail.
• Enforce and recommend enhancements to the internal controls surrounding the credit/collection function in EMEA.
• Ensure compliance to all established policy and procedures and report to the EMEA Credit Manager any deviations from established policy and procedures.
• Prepare credit/collection performance reports on status of collections, aggregate credit risk and operating metrics for European operations.
• Educate internal and external parties as to SunPower’s credit policies and procedures as appropriate.
• Ability to work evening/morning hours as needed, in alignment with SunPower’s global customer base and to attend required Departmental meetings.
Related Experience And Educational Requirements:
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in corporate credit & collections with experience working for multinational companies with customers throughout Europe
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Possess solid and highly developed negotiation skills as well as the ability to influence and motivate others while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction
• Solid working knowledge of Global credit management practices.
• Proficient in French, Spanish and English
• Familiarity with an ERP environment (Oracle experience preferred)
• Exhibit strong analytical, technical, and research skills
• Ability to organize job responsibilities and workload effectively with minimal supervision
• Possess advanced training in and knowledge of accounting, credit & collections, financial statement analysis, banking and finance, marketing, statistics, and economics
• Acts in a professional manner, deploys diplomacy in all situations and possesses ability to work with customers in tenuous situations when representing SunPower
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service orientation and demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse and fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively across functional business organizations
• Strong analytical and financial analysis skills to evaluate credit worthiness of customers
• Proficient in German or Italian a plus
• This position is based in Madrid
• This is a 6 months temporary position