Sous Chef - Sheraton Salta Hotel
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Sheraton Hotels and Resorts|
| Job Ref: ||
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| City: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
06/24/2012 04:45 AM
Support and assist the Executive Chef by overseeing the day-to-day culinary operations, including training, supervising staff and monitoring food quality.
- Assign, in detail, specific duties to all employees for efficient operation of the kitchen.
- Visually inspect, select and use only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items. Read and employ math skills for following recipes. Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items for production in workstation.
- Schedule culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
- Monitor to ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Write, maintain and update all menu specifications, recipes and pictures, production forecasts, and ensure same are being followed.
- Observe production flow and makes adjustments in order to adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
-Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
-Must possess basic computational ability
-Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
-Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes.
-Minimum of two years experience as a Sous Chef in a similar size operation.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.