Ice/Arctic Engineering Specialist
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Total Oil Company|
| Job Ref: ||
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| City: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
06/24/2012 03:14 AM
Description du poste
As one of the five largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company Total has operations in more than 130 countries, working across all stages of the petroleum industry; from exploration to sales and marketing. At Total we recognise that the technical skills and expertise of our 97, 000 employees are our most important competitive advantage. United by a shared culture, our specialists have made Total a sound, resilient enterprise, focused on our core businesses and enjoying unmatched growth opportunities.
An exciting opportunity to see the world as part of Total¿s Exploration and Production (E&P) team has arisen for senior engineers with strong experience and expertise in the required discipline. Our E&P team is active in 42 countries across the globe and current opportunities offer attractive, long-term contracts in various international locations on a family or rotational basis. You may be involved at any stage of project development, including feasibility studies, design development, project design and construction, and in maintaining and repairing structures. The facilities whose design you will participate to include floating production unit, fixed platforms, LNG and oil terminals, coastal installation, etc in all cold regions where TOTAL is involved.
- Help to assess the needs of projects involving ice engineering subject.
- Define the ice design methodology and ice design basis needed
- Define, prepare and organize the surveys (ice expedition) and studies required to elaborate ice design basis
- Responsible to follow and coordinate the ice design process: recommendation of design methodology to be used, coordination of ice model tests, performance of numerical simulations, and organization of full scale tests (if necessary)
- Review and recommend project choices and approve or draft general or particular specifications in your fields of expertise
- Take part in expertise assessment and recommend the necessary corrective measures.
Formation et connaissances
- Will have an engineering or research degree in ice engineering or equivalent (for instance civil engineering with ice specialization, oceanography with ice specialization, naval architecture with ice specialization).
- Will have a high level of awareness of Health and Safety issues and be able to encourage good practice in others.
- Will be fluent in both spoken and written English. Knowledge of Russian culture is a plus.
- More than six years of experience in ice related activities, strong ice engineering methodology experience. Knowledge of civil engineering, oceanographic/meteorological and naval architecture would be appreciated.
- Will be able to work in transverse environment and strong abilities to convince people.
- Will be adept at working collaborating and proactively sharing information and expertise with your colleagues and will have interpersonal skills to foster a consensus concerning the technical aspects of projects.
- Will be ready to work in Paris and will be able and keen to travel in Artic environment and work in a variety of countries.
- Will be able to operate flexibly and sensitively in multi-cultural teams and local environments.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.