This position will lead variable cost quantitative analysis and execution of cost improvement projects, in close collaboration with key operational business partners. The ideal candidate will be a quantitatively strong and independent financial analyst with a solid understanding of key financial information and the ability to perform a dynamic range of quantitative, analytical and strategic tasks with ease.
• Lead month-end close procedures for cost and inventory, including required reconciliations.
• Identify and crisply articulate key manufacturing cost variance including recommendations on corrective action.
• Compile and communicate key performance metrics for cost and inventory, including critical presentations for senior management.
• Coordinate quarterly cost standards process with key operational business partners.
• Ensure accurate physical inventory information with logistical team using full physical or cycle counts.
• Ensure compliance with SOX & operational controls, including all necessary documentation, for cost and inventory areas.
• Identify and implement various process improvement and automation projects.
• Lead various cost reduction projects in partnership with key operational managers.
• Support various ad hoc analysis as needed.
• Minimum five years of experience in cost accounting/analysis in a manufacturing environment, preferably at a multi-national company.
• Strong ERP systems experience (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics/Axapta), SAP preferred
• BS degree / Professional qualification in Accounting, CPA/CA is preferred.
• Demonstrated cost and inventory experience in a manufacturing environment, with a thorough understanding of financial statements and their inter-relationships
• Successful history of driving cost reduction projects
• Strong financial acumen with the ability to research and identify problems, develop proposals, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others
• Demonstrated advanced financial modeling skills with multiple, dynamic inputs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient on MS Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.