WHO WE ARE
For over 30 years, Beyond the Wall, a nationally recognized fundraising company, has brought its art print and poster show and sale to over 650 colleges and universities across the country. As a fundraiser and event, we offer an assortment of over 1,000 images in all sizes and categories.
Never forget that Beyond the Wall is a fundraising company. We are sponsored on college and university campuses by student organizations that receive a commission based on the success of their sale. The better our sales reps, the better our sale, the better the commission to our sponsor. This is a responsibility we do not take lightly. It is our goal to present an exciting, educational, fun and profitable show every time we are on a college campus.
WHO WE HIRE
Our basic requirements for sales representatives are:
- Energetic and enthusiastic individuals
- 21 years or older
- Mathematic and computer capable
- Are able to lift over 50 pounds
- High school diploma
- Ability to work from August through September (January through February)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Foreign applicants must have
- Fluent English
- International Driver's License
- Passport, Work Visa (J-1 work/study)
- Apply for and receive a Social Security Card
Additionally, we look for sales representatives:
- Who are motivated to sell
- Who have goals that we can help meet
- Who can commit to the idea that for a 4-6 period of time, they can work hard, be professional and represent Beyond the Wall as best they can.
- Are not afraid of a challenge
- Sales Teams - Our sales representatives work for a 4-8 week seasonal position beginning in mid-August. These self-directed work teams travel, in teams of two, to college and university campuses, setting up and creating attractive art print and poster sales. Basically, they are "Mobile Store Managers" with all the responsibilities that you would expect; they are responsible for professional customer service, accurate inventory management, creative, visual displays, advanced marketing technique. After Beyond the Wall's two day orientation session, every sales rep is equipped to run a successful sale. But you are not "on your own" - the home office is there when you need them to assist you to be the best you can be. As your own boss, your success is measured only by your ability!
- Floater Teams - The floater position requires an extra degree of flexibility. The primary responsibility of the floater team is to assist other sales teams at large volume or difficult sales. HOWEVER, they must be prepared to run sales by themselves or to take over a schedule of schools if another team can no longer work on the road. This position requires great diplomacy since they often work with seasoned, experienced sales representatives or they may find themselves working with new representatives in a leadership role. Floaters also need a bit of the "road warrior" in their soul, since they are often asked to crisscross the country, assisting sales from Maine to California. Because floaters assist, they are not eligible for commission, but they receive a higher salary per week per person.
- Sales Teams - Our sales representatives are paid a flat salary of $350 per week. Additionally, they receive $10 per diem towards food expenses and a substantial sales commission. Beyond the Wall also pays all business travel expenses to and from campuses such as a company vehicle, vehicle insurance, fuel, tolls, parking, lodging (including days off), business phone calls, fax, postage, and business items approved by Beyond the Wall.
- Floater Teams - Floater teams are paid a flat salary of $450 per week. Additionally, they receive $10 per diem towards food expenses. Beyond the Wall also pays all business travel expenses to and from campuses such as a company vehicle, vehicle insurance, fuel, tolls, parking, lodging (including days off), business phone calls, fax, postage, and business items approved by Beyond the Wall.
WHY DO SALES REPS DO THIS JOB YEAR AFTER YEAR?
No question...this is a hard job...long hours, a lot of driving, a lot of paperwork, outside sales are hot, posters are heavy, you have to work weekends...but sales reps do this job year after year. Why?
Very simply, you can make a great deal of money in a very short period of time. Last year, our AVERAGE sales reps' salary and commission was about $4500 for 5 weeks of work.
Give us a call to find out more about this wonderful opportunity, but don't wait! We typically have 100s of applicants for a few openings. If you are Beyond the Wall material, we want to talk to you!