About Tesla |
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for leading initiatives on regional and global levels. This role will serve as a resident expert responsible for strategic and tactical leadership of global and domestic logistics management. To include, metric development and report presentation to all levels of management and internal customers, forecasting and vendor SLA performance. Project planning, identifying and implementing process improvement/cost reduction opportunities. Work across multiple groups to drive and deliver best in class service and costs. This role evaluates, recommends, develops, and implements Logistics strategy to minimize cost and optimize alignment of customer satisfaction goals.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
- Analysis and Planning: Develop and report performance metrics, root cause analysis, executive updates, forecasting, budgeting and analysis to identify potential opportunities. Translate and manage channel and planning forecasts into expected activity transactions for provider (SLA).
- Customer Engagement: Work with all levels of management, meet with internal and external customers to improve overall supply chain performance; seek feedback with the goal of providing world class performance. Ability to translate customer needs into an actionable plan, collaboratively influence changes to the supply chain.
- Vendor Management: Directly responsible for provider performance, process definition, statement of work, provider measurement, process improvement, tactical priority setting, and compliance assessment and management meetings.
- Manage service level agreements, contractual relationships, quarterly business reviews with strategic partners.
- Strategic Contributor: Participate in strategy session, analyze solutions and propose process definition, project management, industry benchmarking, provider capability and capacity assessment, and stay abreast of technology advancements within the logistics industry.
- Subject Matter Expert: Serve as a functional expert in logistics, experience and knowledge of transportation management systems, electronic data interchange, vendor contracts and negotiation principles.
- Collaboratively influence changes to the supply chain.
- Personnel Development: Develop others through influence management, provide mentoring to functional counterparts on the role of distribution and logistics, influence provider performance and drive self-development activities.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
- 6+ years' experience in supply chain related functions, operations management (logistics required), preferably within an automotive manufacturer, Fortune 500 experience preferred.
- 4+ years managing internal or outsourced high volume logistics providers.
- Extensive knowledge of operations management including previous experience working with carriers, 3PL's, RFP's, routing optimization, lane analysis and procurement best practices.
- 4+ years' experience with TMS systems and tertiary understanding of ERP, WMS, EDI and replenishment systems.
- Leadership with complex, cross functional projects including setting scope, reaching consensus, execution, and presenting results.
- Experience with MS Office Applications, including knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- 4+ years' experience with activity based costing.
- Ability to write, speak and present effectively and persuasively at all levels.
- Capable of effectively leading, developing and motivating a team.
- Strong critical thinking and resolution in sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Self-driven initiative to gain and share a broader knowledge of supply chain.
- Travel required up to 30%.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- MBA preferred but not required.