Business Development Specialist
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Daylight Transport|
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| City: ||
| Address: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
06/16/2012 07:56 PM
Daylight Transport is hiring a Business Development Specialist in our Long Beach, CA office. Are you a sales professional that can strategically manage a unique book of business?
The primary focus of the Business Development Specialist is managing all 3rd party logistics companies in a sales capacity. The account base covered by this sales executive will consist of existing, former and potential Daylight accounts.
• Communicating with 3rd party logistics companies via telephone to handle disputes, strategically identify potential business opportunities, and qualify new customers (approx. 85% of the time).
• Exporting, manipulating, distributing and tracking of information in Excel or other electronic database formats (approx. 10% of the time).
• Efficient management of an account base and prioritizing accounts for client specific opportunities by criteria such as account revenue, vertical industry, business history and geography.
• Successful management of new business opportunities through interface with Operations, Sales Management, Pricing, W&I, Credit and Collections, as well as other departments as needed to develop pricing and service packages for customers.
• Managing the complete sales cycle from identification of new business opportunities, development and presentation of the proposed services, management of internal approvals, and filing of the correct documentation.
• Ongoing sales training and development will be a part of the position.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 4-year college degree in Marketing or Business Administration preferred, but not required.
• Prior marketing, inside sales, customer service, broker/3PL or business development experience preferred.
• Ability to work efficiently across a matrix of departments within Daylight Transport to develop and execute customer solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and influential leadership abilities will be critical to the success of the role.
• Ability to lead new department employees in problem solving and developing their knowledge of the company services.
• Excellent organizational skills required. Ability to plan own workload and the work of one or more people in work group. Ability to work independently.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.