Seasonal Camp Counselors - St. Augustine, FL
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Job Type:||Seasonal / Temp|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|
|Degree Level:||High School|
Atlanta, GA, USA (Show on map)
|Post Date:||04/04/2013 07:05 PM|
I. Position Summary
The Seasonal Educational Specialist at Marineland will create a fun and engaging summer camp experience for our guests. This includes interacting with the campers, overseeing the day to day operations of the summer camp, creating unique educational opportunities and providing information about our animals and exhibits. The Seasonal Education Specialist is responsible for ensuring guest and animal safety, while assisting with summer camp and working in various public positions throughout the aquarium.
1. Present engaging experiences to Marineland guests while primarily assisting with duties related to summer camp.
2. Ensure animal and guest safety is a top priority.
3. Provide engaging educational experiences for our summer camp guests that support our vision and mission through the use if messages (folk lore, natural history, historical stories, etc.) and conversation.
4. Guide the guest experience to ensure a memorable and positive visit; this includes ensuring comfort and safety of visitors while fostering education growth.
5. Set up and breakdown equipment and activities related to summer camp.
6. Work to ensure guest satisfaction, notifying appropriate personnel about challenges and successes in the exhibit area.
7. Be an active part of the Marineland team.
8. To perform other duties as workload necessitates.
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Prefer College Degree in biology, psychology, education, recreation or related field.
3. One year experience working with school aged children preferred.
4. Must pass background check & drug screening.
5. Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week from May 27, 2013 – August 9, 2013
6. Must be able to attend all required training.