Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Total Oil Company|
| Job Ref: ||
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| City: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
06/14/2012 06:38 AM
|As one of the five largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas companies Total has operations in more than 130 countries, working across all stages of the petroleum industry; from exploration to sales and marketing. At Total we recognise that the technical skills and expertise of our 97,000 employees are our most important competitive advantage. United by a shared culture, our specialists have made Total a sound, resilient enterprise, focused on our core businesses and enjoying unmatched growth opportunities.
An exciting opportunity to see the world as part of Total¿s Exploration and Production (E&P) team has arisen for a marine specialist with strong experience and expertise in the required discipline. Our E&P team is active in 42 countries across the globe and current opportunities offer attractive, permanent contracts in various international locations on a family or rotational basis.
- Working as part of a team of experts to ensure the continuous improvement of marine safety in the E&P department, this is a key role where you will:
- Perform technical audits of sub-contractors and subsidiaries.
- Carry out marine inspections of supply ships, jack-ups, semi-subs and other relevant vessels within the E&P department.
- Oversee the implementation of our marine standards.
- Ensure a high level of competency amongst personnel involved in marine operations.
- Contribute to the selection of floating units and studies of port infrastructures.
- Provide construction project teams with advice on marine design and operations.
- Represent the organisation internationally and externally.
This is a challenging Head Office (Paris) role where you will have many opportunities to travel to our operations worldwide, with occasional fixed term expatriate assignments. You will enhance the team¿s expertise through your extensive experience of oil and / or gas transportation, your experience of the offshore or subsea industry or your shipping expertise. After 2-3 years in Paris you could be offered a position in a subsidiary.
|Formation et connaissances
- Will be a class 1 COC unlimited Master Mariner.
- Will have a substantial level of experience from the merchant marine and / or oil and gas industry as a senior shipping officer.
- Will be fluent in both spoken and written English, with strong oral and written communication skills.
|Will have a high level of awareness of international marine transport regulations.
- Will be adept at working collaborating and proactively sharing information and expertise with your colleagues.
- Will be able to operate flexibly and sensitively in multi-cultural teams and local environments.
- Will be able and keen to travel the World and work in a variety of countries.
- Will be eager to develop your career in one of the biggest and most progressive Oil & Gas companies in the World.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.