Assistant Restaurant Manager- Pride Of America
Show me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Norwegian Cruise Line|
|Post Date:||06/12/2012 08:00 AM|
Responsible for the operation and supervision of an assigned restaurant on the ship.|
• Assists with the direction, supervision, performance, training and evaluation of all positions within the restaurant.
• In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• BA/BS 3-4 year degree or foreign equivalency and/or previous restaurant management experience
• Minimum of two years experience as a Restaurant Assistant Manager or Maitre 'd in a large cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, luxury hotel or resort.
o Solid progression through F&B ranks
o Experience with high-volume banquet operations
o Experience implementing new F&B concepts
o Track record developing profitable F&B promotions
o Establish and maintain proper inventories
o Good computer skills to include spreadsheets, word processing and e-mail
o Working knowledge of point of sales systems and computerized reservation systems
o Excellent knowledge of USPH/FDA regulations
o Ability to manage change effectively
o Ability to conceptualize the mission
o Provide leadership to the departments to achieve their goals and objectives
o Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire employees to achieve those goals
o Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
o Experience making presentations in front of groups
o Ability to clearly and concisely present technical subjects
o Demonstrate team building experience
o Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork
o Demonstrate to lead by example
o Build morale and spirit
o Use a "hands-on" approach to management
o Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion
o Experience communicating, training, and managing multi-lingual staffs
o Instill a guest service attitude in all employees
o Experience training and developing employees with limited education/experience
o Instill a "can-do" attitude in employees
o Coach employees how to resolve and de-escalate conflicts
o Instill a calm, organized approach in all situations
o Excellent time management skills
o Strong organizational skills
o Good knowledge of computers
o Strong customer service orientation and skills
o Excellent listening skills
o Exceptional follow up abilities
o Strong budgetary, projections, and cost control skills
o Ability to produce consistent profits
o Follow/enforce company policies and procedures
o Resolve problems
o Assume responsibility/accountability
o Excellent safety, sanitation and environmental skills
o Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations
o Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
o Think creatively
o Teach suggestive selling techniques
o Juggle and balance needs of the organization
• Lead by example utilizing a "hands-on" approach to management.
• Assist with establishing and developing a highly motivated, pro-active Restaurant team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a cost effective and quality oriented service product.
• Facilitate an environment in which restaurant crew members are comfortable utilizing the open-door policy.
o Acts as a mentor for new restaurant employees during their first two weeks onboard through open communication and availability. Assist with conducting new-hire training for employees.
• Assist with scheduling crew members based off of guidelines established by the Corporate Office and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Assist with reviewing time clock reports to ensure accuracy of pay for crew members.
• Ensure restaurant crew members are being treated in a fair and equitable manner.
• Ensure that restaurant crew member issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Ensure that crew members are in compliance with the grooming and uniform standards of the company.
• Communicate with the restaurant staff through daily line-ups and monthly meetings. These meetings are to have a set agenda and not be held during meal periods.
• Provide continuous training to the crew members.
• Facilitate cross-training between restaurants.
o Ensure restaurant crew members are promoted into specialty restaurants in a fair and equitable manner.
• Continue own education by staying abreast of trends and sharing this information with the team.
• Monitor the performance of all restaurant staff to ensure that their duties are carried out in accordance with Company policy, and safety and environmental regulations.
• Monitor restaurant crew member performance. Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual. Make recommendations to the Restaurant Manager regarding succession planning.
• Recognize restaurant crew members for their accomplishments.
• Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
• Ensure that performance evaluations of all restaurant personnel are carried out as per Company policy in a fair and equitable manner, based on actual performance and results achieved.
• Ensure that restaurant employee promotions/transfers are handled according to Company policy.
• Communicate staffing needs to the Restaurant Manager as needed.
• Monitor restaurant crew turnover and present ideas to the Restaurant Manager on how to decrease.
• Have knowledge of the goals of the company and department and the action plans that will be followed to achieve these goals.
• Communicate the goals of the company and department and the action plans to the crew members.
• Develop a positive working relationship with all shipboard departments to facilitate a team oriented atmosphere.
• Ensure that all departments within F&B are working together as a team and supporting each other in a professional manner.
• Regularly communicate with the Director of Outlets and Restaurant Manager in regards to restaurant related matters.
• Ensure that assigned restaurant is maintained in accordance with Company policy, USPH, SEMS and safety and environmental regulations.
• Ensure that cleaning schedules for assigned restaurant are in place and being followed.
• Ensure that service schedules for equipment in assigned restaurant are in place and being followed.
• Submit work orders for repairs to assigned restaurant and/or equipment and follow up on these requests to ensure timely completion.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and SEMS. Participate in daily USPH inspections as needed.
• Ensure that the company's standards are maintained in the following areas:
o Freestyle service and dining experience
o Restaurant service, operation and philosophy
o Public health
o Crew assigned to the restaurant department
o General standards in the restaurant department
o Planning and organizing for assigned restaurant operations
• Enforce Company standards for consistent, quality service.
• Ensure that the F&B department achieves satisfactory guest satisfaction ratings on a consistent basis.
• Enforce policies and procedures in a fair and equitable manner.
• Continuously review the operation and make recommendations on how to enhance the product to the Restaurant Manager.
• Assist with implementing new policies, standard operating procedures and Company initiatives as assigned.
• Always available on the floor to assist crew and to interact with guests.
• Schedule crew members according to business levels and monitor overtime.
• Enforce cost control procedures and monitor waste and breakage.
• Ensure the restaurant reservation system is maintained and that the reservationists are adhering to the seating guidelines.
• Ensure that guest complaints are dealt with in a timely, professional manner and in accordance with Company policy.
• Maintain an outlet log for assigned restaurant. Frequently review this information with the Restaurant Manager and Director of Outlets.
• Complete reports in a timely manner (cover count report, monthly inventory reports, manning reports, etc.) and forward them to the Restaurant Manager.
• Assist with reviewing all ship generated reports to identify areas of deficiency in assigned restaurant and determine appropriate courses of action to correct.
• Properly plan and prepare for events and cruises.
• Develop and maintain par stocks for equipment.
• Place equipment orders according to the Provisioning Schedule.
• Order equipment based on consumption history and par levels.
• Conduct monthly equipment inventories in accordance with Company policy.
• Ensure that restaurant equipment items delivered to the vessel are in compliance with Company specifications.
• Monitor slow moving item reports to ensure that discontinued equipment items are not being reordered.
• Responsible for ensuring that assigned restaurant operates within the established budgetary guidelines for the vessel.
• Assist with planning orders for assigned restaurant based off of the budgetary guidelines for the vessel.
• Assist with reviewing all food and beverage related costs and consumptions in accordance with financial targets.
• Assist with ensuring that all food and beverage revenues and expenses are properly recorded against the appropriate budget, and the variations from the budgeted amounts are properly documented.
• Assist with monitoring revenue reports for accuracy.
• Submit budget requests to the Restaurant Manager and Director of Outlets in a timely manner.
• Special Job Requirements:
o Ability to work odd hours and on weekends and holidays
o Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
o Able to work 7 days a week for a minimum period of 16 weeks
o Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates