Global Climate And Energy Initiative, Advisor, Renewable Power
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || World Wildlife Fund - WWF|
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| City: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
06/10/2012 06:45 AM
WWF’s climate and energy vision is a response both to the science and to new economic and political realities, with focus on achieving climate resilient, low carbon development on the national level and with the corporate sector.
Reporting to the Head of Climate Business Engagement within the GCEI, this is one of the key roles within the global business engagement team. The successful candidate will drive the uptake of renewable power among large power consumers and lead WWF’s global activities in this area.
The Advisor Renewable Power is responsible for delivering on WWF’s ambitious strategies to increase responsible renewable power consumption among large corporate power consumers. The largest industrial power consumers represent a substantial percentage of total power consumption in key markets, and effecting a shift toward renewables with these companies has the potential to drive change through the entire electric power delivery chain. In close collaboration with climate and energy staff from WWF-Mexico and the Global Climate and Energy Initiative of WWF-International, the advisor will work one-on-one, and in joint forums with large corporate partners on the implementation of investment in or purchase of environmentally sustainable renewable energy options.
- The successful candidate will have at least ten years of experience related to the purchase of renewable power in an international corporate context, availability for frequent international travel.
- She/he will understand both the technical and business factors involved in the investment in and purchase of renewable power.
- The advisor will also have an understanding of the broader environmental considerations related to renewable power options.
- She/he will have an extensive network of contacts both in the energy and the corporate sector.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work comfortably with corporations at the highest level, while at the same time have the ability to lead and support WWF colleagues around the global network on issues related to renewable power purchasing and investment.
This position will be hosted in WWF Mexico office, in Mexico City (D.F.).
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.