Duties: To lead the engineering team in the reservoir management activities on the Kinabalu producing assets. Be instrumental in the carrying out and gaining approval for field development studies for the Kinabalu IOR/EOR project and their subsequent implementation. Work closely with surveillance, operations engineers, offshore installation and production manager and platform operators in ensuring production targets are achieved, and daily well and operational issues are resolved, while balancing the reservoir management requirements.
1. Provide leadership of the Reservoir Team in meeting the approved BU/Department KPIs. production plans
2. Maintain and update reservoir engineering database, in conjunction with Surveillance team, inclusive of daily production data, core and fluid analysis, pressure surveys / PBUs for use in subsurface evaluation studies.
3. Have extensive experience in the QC, construction and running of reservoir simulation models for both history matching and forecasting purposes. Experience in the redevelopment of brownfield through the use of IOR and EOR techniques.
4. Ensure both analytical and empirical reservoir studies for producing and pre-development reservoirs are initiated and completed in a timely manner
5. Develop and monitor Reservoir Management plan & Reservoir Depletion strategy.
6. Coordinate & conduct Field Development Planning to optimise well locations and count, well utilities, pressure maintenance and production optimization.
7. Write FDP and/or updates for field re-development and gain technical approval for those plans through Talisman, JV and PETRONAS processes
8. Evaluate enhanced oil production opportunities and diagnostics/mitigation of abnormal well behaviors.
9. Be responsible for production forecasts for planning exercises and economic evaluations in support of reserve booking / field development
10. Execute regular reporting exercises such as Quarterly Capacity review, monthly production reports, reserves reporting and adhoc requests by Partners.
11. Provide support to Operations, Projects and Drilling Departments and liase with Petronas/Partners/contractors/vendors.
12. Perform periodic presentations to JV partners and Petronas.
13. Work close with Geophysical & Geological team on input data for studies and provide support to exploration program.
14. Leading and mentoring of team engineering staff
15. Carry out regular performance assessment and career development for team members
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The jobholder should hold B.Sc / B.A. or higher degree in Petroleum Engineering
Experience & Requirements
The jobholder should have the following:
1. Minimum 15 years industry experience
2. Broad experience in wide range of reservoir engineering techniques, with previous operational experience with an operator
3. Previous experience in field development in a Brownfield envoronment
4. An broad understanding / experience with working with other Subsurface disciplines (Geophysics, Geology, Petrophysics) and other related functions (ie drilling)
5. Ability and willingness to work with-in a multi-discipline multi-national team.
6. Experience in leading a team in delivering work programmes with a prescribed schedule and cost
The job holder should hold special skills as follows:
1. Proficient in wide range of reservoir simulation software packages.
2. Experienced in full range of basic engineering criteria, including logging, PVT and core analysis.
3. Communication of complex engineering concepts.