Wind Sales Managers are responsible for driving profitable growth through increasing sales of GE's world class wind turbines. Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to work closely with product management, supply chain, finance and commercial operations.
• Create close working relationships with all key personnel at assigned accounts, and develop a thorough understanding of their project strategies and needs.
• Provide commercial and technical assistance to assigned accounts with their project strategy.
• Ensure GE Wind products and services have a favourable consideration in all of assigned account’s wind projects
• Identify, develop, and close sales opportunities within assigned accounts and geographic territory
• Identify, understand, and communicate to the P&W business, customer CTQ’s, from both project specific and their business in general.
• Work effectively in a team environment with Commercial Operations, Technical Operations, Engineering, Finance, and Project management to ensure the most efficient use of all resources.
• Be accountable for orders, pricing / profitability, risk, terms & conditions, and customer satisfaction.
• Maintain accurate and current project and opportunity information with the CMS system and manage the Inquiry to Order ("ITO") process for assigned accounts.
• Participate in and support wind trade shows, conferences, and other market development activities.
Key measurements will include:
• Performance relative to assigned accounts and region orders, Margins and Cash Operating Plan
• Performance to Goals & Objectives (developed in cooperation with Region Sales Leader)
• Orders forecasting and CMS accuracy
• Quality and accuracy of “Strategy to Win” plan developed for Risk Reviews
• Demonstration of GE Growth Traits
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline, Finance, and / or advanced business degree with applicable industry experience.
• Practical understanding of: current/emerging requirements of the power generation markets; and customer financial drivers and needs.
• Proven track record, minimum 3 years of relevant sales andor business development experience in the wind power industry.
• Strong communication skills and confidence with executive level presentations.
• Strong interpersonal, team building, and negotiation skills; ability to work with colleagues and customers at all levels of the organizations.
• Flexible for frequent travel
• Consistent track record of meeting performance objectives.
• Self-starter with high energy and ability to energize others.
• Fluency in English.
Green Belt or Black Belt certification (GE employees only)