Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| TimeWarner Inc.|
Internet / E-Commerce
Media / Journalism / Publishing
Broadcasting / Radio
Film / TV / Modeling
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||05/25/2012 08:13 PM|
Qualifications: Minimum Experience |
• Requirements: 5-plus year's editorial experience.
• Track record of newsroom leadership.
• New media, business news, small-business news, or tech news experience a plus. Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Candidate must display Leadership, Analytical skills, Communication skills, Sharp line-editing and headline crafting.
• The Editor should have a vision for covering section in a way that attracts readers and develops audience, as well as a track record of executing on an editorial strategy.
• Solid news judgment. Highest journalistic standards.
• Mastery of newsroom tools. Attitude (eager, energetic, team-oriented). Attentive to story packaging and SEO.
• The Section Editor will run a team of 2 reporter/writers as well as a stable of freelancers in one of CNNMoney's five main beats.
• The Section Editor will be expected to do sharp edits and deliver results in the following areas: story development, franchise development, audience building, managing staff, innovation and working with other teams at CNNMoney and beyond.
• Story development: Guide writers on stories and features from pitch to posting, creating a vibrant mix of coverage. Editor should guide team to break news -- ensuring that all major developments are covered on the beat as well as make news, directing team on enterprise features that set CNNMoney apart from the competition.
• Line editing: Deliver sharp, smart copy for pieces ranging from short breaking news items to larger packages. Write lively headlines for stories and galleries, and help build and package them to maximize their impact. Stay up to date on broader business news and trends to inform coverage. Take occasional turns filling in on breaking news desk.
• Franchise development: Oversee the development and execution of key franchises that serve three functions: audience development (i.e. page views), create buzz (i.e. pickup by other news and social outlets, lively reader comments), and advertising.
• Audience building: Get section content in front of more people and attract new readers for it, by making smart choices of what to cover and through Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media and other means. Oversee section page, making sure it's up to date and appealing. Promote section content to CNNMoney newsdesk and elsewhere.
• Manage a staff: This includes hiring, coaching, training and developing team member skills in current role and beats and for advancement opportunities. Also working with freelancers, including finding solid outside writers, giving them relevant assignments, editing their work, and working with administrative team to make sure they're paid.
• Innovate: Continually seek out interesting story and package ideas and execute on them. Work on developing new tools, products and ways of presenting information, such as infographics, interactives, tools and widgets. Work with other teams at CNNMoney and beyond to help produce the most compelling content -- including video producers, graphics, technology, product development, social media, advertising, CNN, Fortune, Money, etc.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (TBS, Inc.), a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. TBS, Inc. is based in Atlanta, GA, and employs more than 9,000 people worldwide. Philip I. Kent oversees TBS, Inc. as chairman and CEO. Many are familiar with TBS, Inc.'s groundbreaking network, CNN, one of the world's most respected and trusted sources for news and information. TBS, Inc. is also home to familiar entertainment networks such as TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, Adult Swim and truTV.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.