Show me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts|
Restaurant / Food Service
Food / Beverage / Wine
Hotel / Resort / Lodging
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||05/25/2012 08:01 AM|
1. To identify training needs and plan training programs for the employees.
2. To ensure that the outlet employees are Multi Skilled and have the necessary skills to perform their duties with maximum efficiency, through consistent training in accordance with the Annual Training Plan.
3. To liaise and inform Kitchen Department and Human Resources Department of all training sessions.
4. To perform the Departmental Trainers function in the Kitchen assigned, develop Department Trainers and assign training responsibilities.
5. To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
6. To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Department' Operations Manual.
7. To conduct staff yearly performance appraisal.
8. To ensure that all employees maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
9. To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
10. To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
11. To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel's Employee Rules & Regulations.
12. To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel's policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
1. Making necessary plans and suggesting in terms of optimum usage of seasonal products
2. Never compromising from standards, being sensitive to special requests of the guests
3. Participating in the product development processes that will overlap with the goals of the Executive Chef
4. Being last person to see and check each product leaving the kitchen at the time of service
5. Checking that the processed products are produces in accordance with health and hygiene rules and consumed with consideration to the expiration dates, with the assistance of the Chef de Parties.
6. Controlling and accepting each product received by purchasing department, in the absence of the chef.
1. To assist in effective payroll control through a flexible work force maximizing utilization of concerned kitchen personnel and close cooperation with other Food & Beverage outlets.
2. To develop standard recipes which allow the restaurant to operate at an acceptable food cost and to ensure that the monthly forecasted Food Cost is achieved.
3. To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and ensure that all costs are controlled.
4. To participate in the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan and checking the stocks according to occupancy and intensity and preventing waste.
• To assist the Chef de Cuisine in efficiently managing the assigned Kitchen, according to the established concept statement, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Four Seasons' Standards of Performance.
• To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work as per Master Task List . Please note that Master Task Lists are reviewed and changed on a regular bases reflecting change in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies.
• To assign responsibilities to subordinates, implementing Multi Tasking principle and to check their performance periodically.
• To establish a pool of qualified employees in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
• To implement a flexible scheduling based on business patterns.
• To ensure that the par stocks for all operating equipment, supplies, inventoried items are strictly adhered to and that the outlet is adequately equipped.
• To assist in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
• To assist in controlling the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
• To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service and menu.
• To liaise with the Food & Beverage Department on daily operations and quality control.
• To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives as necessary.
• To ensure that culinary standards comply with Company and Hotel Policies & Procedures and Minimum Standards.
• To use, wherever possible, locally and seasonally available products in menus and "specials".
• To develop menus, buffets (where applicable) and "specials" and signature dishes, which meet the needs of the target, market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
• To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
• To be demanding and critical when it comes to operation standards.
• To develop the safety guidelines for usage of all equipment and its implementation.
• To understand and comply with the Prevention of Food and Adulteration Act and other legal statutes applicable to Food & Beverage.
• Ensure to establish a rapport with guests. Handle all guest requests and inquiries on food, beverage and service.
• To ensure that the Outlet team projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
• To assist in the revision and updating of the outlets Departmental Operations Manual on an as needed basis.
• To maintain the Daily Log Book.
• To assist in planning the outlet weekly roster and work schedules to ensure that the outlet is adequately staffed to handle the level of business.
• To maintain outlet communication board.
• To submit all guest / staff incident reports.
• To attend weekly Food & Beverage Meeting and Daily Operations Meeting.
• To provide the Materials Department with detailed Product and Purchase Specifications for items used in the outlet.
• To ensure that the outlet is kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house.
• To liaise and organize with assigned Attendants from Stewards and the Chefs that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
• To coordinate all Repair and Maintenance and issue repair and maintenance job orders to ensure the proper maintenance of the Kitchen and the Kitchen Equipment.
• To participate in the formulation of the Annual Marketing Plan and implement with each Outlet Manager and Sales Department effective sales and promotional activities to maximize revenues.
• To conduct monthly menu sales analysis as to continuously tailor the menus to the customer's taste and preferences.
• To continuously research in the field of new cuisines/ recipes and keep abreast with competition.
• To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
• To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all times.
• To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
• To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the outlet and all other departments.
• To attend and contribute to all staff meetings Departmental and Hotel training's scheduled and other related activities.
• To fully support the Departmental Trainers function in the Department assigned.
• To undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Chef de Cuisine.
• To respond to any changes in the restaurant function as dictated by the hotel.
• To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self control.
• To have a complete understanding of the Income Audit Section in the Operations Manual and Policies & Procedures.
• To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
• To attend all meetings as required by Executive Management.
• To conduct monthly staff meetings.
• To prepare and participate in the Monthly Objective Review.
• The list of duties mentioned above or in the Master Task List is illustrative, and not exhaustive.
• To carry out bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment as well as conducting monthly par stock checks.
• To plan and organize festive food promotions within the assigned outlet.
• To assume the function and responsibilities of Kitchen Duty Manager in accordance with the Kitchen Duty Roster.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Possessing leader qualities
• Ability to teach knowledge to various groups both in writing and orally
• Experience working in every part of the kitchen and knowing finest details about each part
• Sufficient written and oral English knowledge
• Ability to use computers (Word, Excel, lotus, Notes)
• Ability to prepare menus and ability to overlap products with each other
• Ability to perform cost control
• Being open to modifications that might be necessary for basic operation of the kitchen
• Very good knowledge of hygiene rules and ability to provide training when necessary
• Possessing knowledge for increasing job security
• Forming market list and providing required products fully
• Adhering to the rules set by the employer and enforcing them