Assistant Director Of Sales
Show me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts|
Advertising / Marketing / PR
Hotel / Resort / Lodging
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||05/25/2012 08:01 AM|
1. &a mp;n bsp; Assumes responsibility for Sales & Marketing Department in the absence of the Director of Marketing.
2. &a mp;n bsp; Develops data and recommends programs to meet client's needs.
3. &a mp;n bsp; Oversees the coordination of various department's activities related to booked business to ensure customer satisfaction and hotel profitability.
4. &a mp;n bsp; Ensures communication of Sales Managers between other Department Heads is maintained to maximize the guest experience and hotel profitability.
5. &a mp;n bsp; Rreviews market analysis and determines client needs, occupancy potential, rates desired, etc.
6. &a mp;n bsp; Supports Sales Managers by participating in solving problems with other departments as required related to business booked in the hotel. i.e. problems of guest room function space conflicts, salvaging of accounts which have threaten cancellation.
7. &a mp;n bsp; Conducts and/or attends meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and to promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
8. &a mp;n bsp; Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and gets fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
9. &a mp;n bsp; Performs all supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel assigned.
10. &a mp;n bsp; Identifies and controls work relationships, areas of accountability and performance of the personnel assigned.
11. &a mp;n bsp; Determines, in conjunction with the Director of Marketing, the standards of performance as a basis to review progress of personnel assigned.
12. &a mp;n bsp; Recommends salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals.
13. &a mp;n bsp; Ensures proper training of assigned personnel.
14. &a mp;n bsp; Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conductive to maximum employee morale and productivity.
15. &a mp;n bsp; Develops individuals for future advancement.
16. &a mp;n bsp; Keeps a positive attitude in a challenging work environment.
1. &a mp;n bsp; Assists in the annual marketing plan.
2. &a mp;n bsp; Manages transient and group room commitments to ensure proper market mix.
3. &a mp;n bsp; Reviews sales and catering work files to ascertain a proper exchange of information between hotel and client.
4. &a mp;n bsp; Ensures projects are executed for all market areas as stated in the hotel marketing plan with emphasis to increase sales and profitability.
5. &a mp;n bsp; Coordinates special sales activities, promotions, trade shows, etc.
6. &a mp;n bsp; Contacts customer in-house to promote good will and foster additional business, repeat bookings, or referrals to other Four Seasons Hotels.
7. &a mp;n bsp; Enhances the hotel's community image and stays abreast of the competition, new developments and sales methods and techniques in the hotel industry to maximize sales volume and profitability.
8. &a mp;n bsp; Performs all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner, following established policy and projecting a favorable image of Four Seasons Hotels to achieve objectives, public recognition and acceptance.
9. &a mp;n bsp; Use Delphi from account management to group bookings.
1. &a mp;n bsp; Directs sales activities of the hotel to achieve budgeted goals.
2. &a mp;n bsp; Assists the Director of Marketing in establishing and directing the development of annual sales goals; ensures they are fully understood and implemented in the hotel.
3. &a mp;n bsp; Directs the reporting and apprising of results against planned objectives; coordinates sales staff activities; takes appropriate action to maximize sales and affect need periods.
4. &a mp;n bsp; Assists in the preparation of the budget and ensures the department operates within cost constraints, i.e. direct selling costs, etc.
5. &a mp;n bsp; Establishes a group room rate and average rate goals based on marketing plan and overall objectives.
6. &a mp;n bsp; Evaluates, solicits, sells and confirms business in assigned market area to meet overall budgeted sales and profitability.
7. &a mp;n bsp; Negotiates with clients and achieves maximum revenue/profit potential while satisfying client's needs.
8. &a mp;n bsp; Manages function of space allocation for group and catering bookings based on established guidelines and procedures.
9. &a mp;n bsp; Analyzes sales statistics against booked vs. consumed business.
10. &a mp;n bsp; Follows-up with Sales Managers on progress of groups booked such as room night pick-up, function space ratios, catering coordination, etc.
11. &a mp;n bsp; Prepares reports as requested to develop a more informative data base for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities.
12. &a mp;n bsp; Meets/exceeds established sales goals.
1. Prepares Sales Reports and annual Sales & Marketing Plan
2. Attends scheduled training programs within the hotel
3. Creates an effective Sales Programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of the Hotel, its activities, culinary programs, services, and personnel.
4. Complies with Four Seasons standards for Sales and Marketing, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and Planning Committee.
• Strong presentation and computer skills for any
correspondence (proposals, contracts, hotel presentations etc)
• Sales strategy - systems and how they integrate, such as
sending out proposals, keeping control of an efficient and updated
• Communication and influencing strategies, ability to sell all
• Administrative theories to respond all general information
requests as well as all group bookings.
• Knowledge on preparing reports and keeping control of an
effective Sales and Marketing Plan.