Skilled Cellar Worker
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Kendall Jackson Vineyard Estate|
| Job Ref: ||
| Industry: ||
Agriculture / Forestry
Food / Beverage / Wine
Restaurant / Food Service
Retail / Merchandising
| Job Type: ||
Seasonal / Temp
| Career Level: ||
| Degree Level: ||
| Country: ||
| State/Province: ||
| City: ||
| Address: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
12/24/2012 03:50 PM
Under the supervision of the Cellarmaster, this position will perform routine cellar duties. We are looking for a highly sklilled cellar worker. Qualified individual should be able to capably operate a pressure leaf filter, a plate/frame filter and have strong leadership skills.
These duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Follow and observe all safe cellar practices
• Sanitation in all areas ( facility and equipment)
• Equipment set-up
• Balance work orders
• Wine transfer, racking and blending
• Understanding of barrel operations, racking, filling and topping
• Filter operation, pressure leaf, lees, pad, membrane, and sterile filtration
• Chemical additions to wine and juice
• Team leader, ability to direct team members to achieve established production standards
• Basic computer skills in Word and Excel
• Forklift operation, barrels and case goods
• Other duties assigned by Foreperson or Cellarmaster
Individuals selected for these positions must be reliable, possess a good work ethic and have the desire to develop skills to advance in the company. In addition, candidates must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, work standing up and walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time. Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed particularly during harvest season.
A minimum of 3-5 years previous winery experience. A complete knowledge and skill level to operate all winery equipment. 2 years experience in supervising or leading a crew to accomplish multiple tasks.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.