The Senior Marketing Specialist will develop and execute marketing programs that will increase revenue and Customer Delight for IHS globally. Help create and execute marketing campaigns for assigned events. Monitor campaigns, analyze results and make recommendations on promotional activities.
The Senior Marketing Specialist will manage and implement the conferences marketing campaigns in line with the strategic marketing plan, utilising the appropriate marketing communications mix to include, eMarketing (including SEO and email), direct mail, telemarketing, PR and advertising.
• Develop multi-faceted marketing campaigns for assigned events including: e-marketing; direct mail; telesales; collateral, social media and PR to reach target audiences.
• Work with Global Marketing Manager and Producers for list selection and strategy for each events direct and email campaigns.
• Track, measure and report in a timely manner the success of each program against overall objectives.
• Direct the activities of telesales: manage process with internal and external resources to achieve targets.
• Engage sister companies to solicit new contacts.
• Help cultivate media partnerships with third parties to gather new leads, list swaps, and advertising opportunities.
• Work closely with colleagues, including other members of the Events, Sales Marketing, and Design teams to enhance collaborative opportunities and meet overall IHS Insights company goals.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Solid business to business marketing background within an events environment, understanding audience value propositions, go-to-market formats, marketing techniques and innovative marketing concepts.
• Conference marketing experience preferred
• Strong marketing copywriting skills, excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling
• Strong computer and MS Office skills required, basic HTML, Photoshop, design skills a plus.
• Excellent time management and organization skills required.
• A self-starting and motivated work attitude essential.
• Database skills and working knowledge of email best practices required, familiar with Eloqua a plus
• High attention to detail