Environmental Technical Specialist
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Tetra Tech|
| Job Ref: ||
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| City: ||
| Address: ||
| Post Code: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
05/19/2012 11:05 PM
The Geo-Environmental Management Group, part of the I & E Division, is currently seeking a full-time, permanent Environmental Technical Specialist to perform office and field work. This permanent, full-time position will be operating out of the Calgary office.
• Conduct environmental assessment and remediation on behalf of our clients at sites throughout the Prairie Provinces;
• Perform environmental soil and groundwater sampling;
• Conduct reclamation projects, including Detailed Site Assessments (DSA) and Reclamation Certificate Applications as part of Alberta Environment’s Upstream Oil and Gas Reclamation Program;
• Perform assessment activities while being mindful of the policies and procedures to protect worker health and safety;
• Prepare draft work plans for review by senior staff;
• Prepare environmental site assessment reports;
• Use industry practices and procedures to solve environmental problems.
• A technical college diploma in engineering or applied sciences or an equivalent combination of academic training and related experience
• 1 to 3 years’ experience in the environmental consulting field;
• Previous reclamation, assessment, and remediation experience (DSA, soil and groundwater sampling, Phase I and II environmental site assessments,);
• A strong desire to work as part of a team that is committed to protecting the health and safety of project participants;
• A self-starter with a positive attitude and good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.