To manage all O&M activities at designated Customer Service center(s), deliver contractual obligations. Ensure HSE & All statutory requirements including local bodies
• Plan utilization of resources, prioritize, and initiate O&M activities at designated Customer Service centers (to obtain optimum availability of the WEG's) after reviewing service schedules and internal/external constraints; monitor and report status.
• Assign duties to service engineers, direct their work activities, assist, support and motivate them as required, and evaluate their performance/ training needs and make recommendations for personnel actions .
• Solve routine service related problems (spares quality, equipment malfunction, breakdowns, etc.) and/or personnel related problems (absenteeism, illness, etc.) independently by taking appropriate decisions and actions.
• Intimate and seek the guidance of superior (in a timely manner) in the event of unusual or serious problems/constraints or failure to resolve an issue, and implement his decisions.
• Communicate regularly with customers to keep them updated on the performance of their WEG's, build customer relationships.
• Monitor and control expenses at site(s), report to superior in case of budget overruns.
• Monitor and control spares inventory at CS centers, initiate actions for replenishment of shortages.
• Arrange for the maintenance and upkeep of office equipment and facilities, surroundings (gardens, scrap yard, etc.), and guest houses; monitor and control activities of service providers.
• Oversee the activities of subcontractors' personnel and certify quality, quantity, completeness, billing, etc. as applicable; evaluate and report overall performance of subcontractors.
• Follow-up with Customer Service Coordinators for imprest cash at sites, subcontractor's payments and debtors control
• Initiate preparation of service invoices; maintain record of receivables
• Ensure system requirements such as HSE, Legal / Statutory/ ISO compliances For Self Vestas & Subcontractor employees.
• Prepare insurance and product claims in coordination with Customer Service Coordinator.
• Coordinate with State Electricity Boards at the local level for routine transactions.
• Coordinate with the Projects department for taking-over of new installations and clearing pending issues.
• Follow-up with Customer Service Coordinators for imprest cash at sites, subcontractor's payments and debtors control.
Other Duties And Responsibilities:
• Keep up-to-date with all operating/ maintenance manuals, checklists, service bulletins, change notes, etc. applicable to the WEG and associated equipment; communicate information to all concerned and enforce conformance through periodic checks.
• Compile and forward market information about wind industry activities at other sites monthly
• Build local contacts with various Government officials.
• Develop service providers; identify new vendors for CS related purchases.
• Support Project implementation/ Wind Research on request with superior’s approval.
• Direct supervision of all service engineers and staff attached to the site offices. The supervision is necessary. Also has responsibility and authority to direct subcontractor's operators and security contractor's personnel. The supervision is necessary.
• BE / BTECH With Mechanical or EEE with 8 - 10 yrs of Experience in the Relevent Industry.
• Team Management, building, coaching & training
• Supervising and Motivating the team, guiding and coaching, identifying and fulfilling training needs wherever required, providing feedback to improve performance. Striving to build synergy in the team.
• Resource Management
• Management of resources-men, materials, machine and money- efficiently to achieve desired results within the constraints of time, cost and quality. This requires efficient forecasting, planning, monitoring, review and control.
• Operational Excellence
• Ensure adherence to systems and norms. Continuously improving processes, systems and their implementation to improve productivity, reduce cost and improve quality. Make positive changes wherever and whenever possible and coach the team to do the same.
• Cost Focus
• Cost consciousness-Awareness of the costs concerned with the area of operation and implications of costs, Striving to reduce cost/wastage in all possible ways which are under his/her control whether or not cost reduction is identified as a goal-includes ne
• Communication and Coordination
• Effectively communicate with the customers, local government bodies, other agencies and across departments.
• Technical Knowledge
• Knowledge of maintenance, service & repair, Knowledge of spare parts, Items that are most likely to cause failure, parts frequently requiring replacement, Analytical ability, Root cause analysis, Quality(as applicable), Warranty related aspects,etc.
Supervision received: Only major job duties are monitored regularly. The supervision is necessary, but not critical.
Decision making scope: Supervisor is available on an "as needed" basis to establish general objectives and to identify potential resources for assistance. Independent judgement is required to select and apply the most appropriate of available guidelines and procedures to achieve desired results.
Decision making level: The jobholder makes the decision but needs his supervisor's approval. Decisions and impact are limited to decisions and planning within a project team but could affect the entire department. The jobholder works with other people who do report directly to him when implementing.
Discretionary authority: None
Special authority over others (training, guidance etc.): None
• Approve site expenses upto Rs. 5000/- severally without prior permission
• Sign site employees' travel bills; refer those that exceed the eligibility criteria to superior
• Approve OMS subcontractors' bills
• Approve imprest account statements after verifying expenses
Extent Of Interpersonal Contact:
Requires regular communication within the department and with other departments (esp. projects, QA and HR) for supplying or gathering factual information, coordinating/ scheduling work activities, solving problems, or for feedback/ follow-up. Meetings are for coordinating/scheduling work activities and status reviews.
Requires regular contacts with outside agencies (insurance surveyors, suppliers, subcontractors, etc.) for supplying or gathering factual information, coordinating/ scheduling work activities, or for evaluating/ approving their work. Also requires regular contacts with external persons of importance or influence (SEB employees, Government/ regulatory officials, police, etc.) requiring tact, discretion and persuasion in gaining their cooperation.
Contact with customers is over the telephone, in writing or in person for ongoing service, handling of routine transactions and providing detailed information about generation status.