Program Director I - Child Care/Camp
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || YMCA|
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| City: ||
| Salary: ||
$38,500 - $45,125
| Post Date: ||
05/18/2012 08:29 AM
Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director, provide leadership to licensed childcare sites, Prime Time sites and camping programs. The Program Director is responsible for overseeing the before and after school childcare programs, adhering to district and State Licensing standards. Responsibilities also include management of day camp programming in accordance with American Camping Association standards. The Program Director is responsible for the development, administration, implementation, supervision and ongoing evaluation of all related programs.
- Minimum age 21
- Bachelor's degree including at least 12 units in Child Development and at least 3 units of administration.
- Minimum two years experience managing childcare programs and four years experience working directly with children in organized childcare and day camp settings; YMCA management experience desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, sound fiscal management practices, strong organizational abilities and problem solving strategies.
- Demonstrated leadership through experiences in supervision, community collaboration and innovation.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification, or must obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to adequately observe program activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Qualified to attain Class "B" license with passenger endorsement and/or Youth Bus Certification.
- Will be required to provide random drug/alcohol testing.
- Deliver the Mission by improving the quality of life in our community, helping all people realize their potential and asserting the Y as a cause driven organization.
- Understand community needs and market trends to provide vision for the development of innovative and high quality programs and services.
- Lead all functions of Licensed Childcare, Prime Time, and Day Camp departments, to include but not limited to marketing, registration, communication, and operation of on-site and off-site facilities.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate required staff, assisting employees in meeting their developmental needs.
- Responsible for the development and control of department budgets.
- Ensure that all State Licensing, District and American Camp Association standards are adhered to through successful site visit evaluations.
- Develop a strong presence in the community through partnerships and collaborations, forming professional relationships with key community leaders.
- Work with the Executive Director as a member of the Leadership Staff team in developing and implementing the overall branch operating and strategic plans.
- Develop a volunteer team to lead a successful Annual Support Campaign.
- Participate in branch and association functions including staff retreats, Board meetings and special events.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.