National Transportation Coordinator
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Clean Harbors|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||05/18/2012 08:17 AM|
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The National Transportation Coordinator will utilize all equipment assigned to this National Transportation business unit.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
· Responsible for administration and management of all Clean Harbor’s company policies, Transportation Compliance and Clean Harbors Health and Safety guidelines. Investigates incidents, accidents and injuries and reports findings to the assigned manager.
· Oversight of assigned National Transportation company drivers and Owner Operators, identify capacities of the existing fleet in an effort to maximize equipment utilization. Knows the capabilities of each location assigned to this business unit. Positions equipment as needed to ensure best customer service.
· Responsible to support all Clean Harbors business units. Strong adherence to customer service.
· Utilization of Clean Harbor’s electronic systems. Including but not limited too hand held devices, GPS tracking systems, worksheet and payroll systems, P-card administration and trip and dispatch measurements.
· Understanding of all 40 CFR and the 49 CFR regulations that will impact the business of Transportation. Implements all policies and techniques and industries standards to maintain transportation compliance.
· Involved in interviewing and hiring of all CDL qualified Drivers that meet the company’s standards and policies, with the assistance of the Terminal Manager. Makes recommendations to the assigned manager regarding the services needed with all assigned equipment at each National Trans location reporting to this business unit.
· Required to meet or exceed company equipment utilization goals.
· Responsible for all Drivers, hours of service, paperwork completeness, time off requests, equipment assignments, training, discipline and any other necessary items that could occur pertaining to a Driver’s regulatory or employment within the National Transportation business unit.
· Ensures that all terminals under assigned business unit comply with company maintenance policies and adhere to all Federal or State compliance regulations.
· Positions that report to the Coordinator: All National Transportation Company Drivers and Owner Operators assigned to the business unit.
· MEASUREMENT: Assistance to the Terminal Manger for daily operations.
· Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification, and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
High School diploma or equivalency.
BA/BS in related discipline preferred.
5 years Transportation experience.
Experience in the environmental industry.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of Profit improvement.
· Accuracy of system and report information.
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
· Good organizational skills.
· Proficiency in Windows based application.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Very detailed orientated.
· Ability to work with no supervision.
· Proficiency in WIN.
· Knowledgeable in Environmental Industry.
· Requires sitting, speaking, listening, grasping.
· Requires reaching, standing, walking, stooping and crouching lift pull and/or push or carrying/lifting up to 10 lbs.