Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Clean Harbors|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||05/18/2012 08:16 AM|
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Benefits Manager reports to the VP Human Resources in leading the unit's contribution toward the development and deployment of COE Benefit programs; as well as leads the planning, execution and administration of full cycle national employee benefit insurance program. The Benefits Manager drives the fiscal reporting and financial control of the national Benefit programs, and ensures analytics and relevant data are available for senior management review and consideration.
The Benefits manager leads a team of Specialists, ensuring their employee life cycle and career success, and the effective development and deployment of respective functionalities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
· Participate in the selection of Broker representation and work in partnership with selected Broker to build a sustainable market competitive Benefit program.
· Provide analysis of program designs; evaluate services, coverage, and options available through insurance and investment companies to determine programs best meeting needs of organization; make recommendations on improvements based on knowledge of market and employee engagement data.
· Lead the planning and deployment of the scheduled Plan renewal processes and registrations.
· Ensure the Administrative processes of the Benefits programs meet required time lines, data integrity is maintained, and programs are compliant with all relevant legislations.
· Research, recommend and complete market driven pension and benefits surveys.
· Create and distribute collaborative communications to inform employees of benefits programs and special employer-sponsored activities.
· Determine and direct benefits audits as required ensuring integrity of plans at all times, and maintaining effective cost controls.
· Research and assist with development of Employee and Management Pension and Savings Plan Committee (EMPSPC) papers;
· Collaborate with Health & Safety, Training, and other internal teams as best suited to support the Benefit programs, mitigate costs, and promote employee engagement.
· Assure compliance with all legal requirements of various employee benefit programs and prepare and file legal reports.
· Oversee reconciliation of monthly billing for all benefit plans; in concert with Specialists, liaises with Finance to ensure and maintain effective processes.
· Ensure employee benefit plan orientations and information sessions are effectively conducted, including at new acquisition locations;
· In coordination with the VP Compensation and Benefits, ensure the Benefits material on the CH employee portal is current, informative and employee centric.
· Plan modification of existing benefits programs in accordance with labor union agreements; notifies stakeholders of program changes.
· Coach, mentor, develop and lead a competent Benefits team; ensure staff understand and appreciate the responsibility to meet the needs of the organization in fiscal cost management, delivering services to employees, and development of the HR COE.
· Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification, and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
· CEBS certification a definite asset
· Knowledge in Federal/State/Provincial benefits laws and union contract administration
· Ability to effectively communicate both internally and with external providers
· Effective organizational and multi tasking, and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
· Superior detail orientation; values accuracy and has high standards around quality of work
· Expert Excel skills and strong MS Office skills
· Intermediate to Advanced PeopleSoft 9.1
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to travel as needed
· Ability to conduct meetings/presentations in a professional manner
· Customer and Solutions Focused
· Strong Leadership capabilities proven through team development and leadership coaching
· Proven experience in the coordination of projects from inception through implementation
· Ability to solve problems by identifying root causes and negotiating satisfactory resolution
· Requires sitting, acuity, speaking and listening
· Requires standing, grasping and reaching
· Requires walking, stooping and crouching
· May occasionally require lifting, pulling and/or pushing or carrying up to 10 lbs