Shop Service Technician II
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Clean Harbors|
| Job Ref: ||
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| City: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
05/18/2012 08:14 AM
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENT (Position Summary):
The Shop Service Technician is responsible for general shop work including but not limited to, washing equipment, parts pick up/delivery, shop clean up, and maintenance. The person will also have the opportunity to learn about and work on various types of surface rental equipment which may include some field work.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Washing and maintenance of shop equipment;
- To Track all equipment going to and from remote client sites;
- Completing startup orders for equipment
- Keeping track of all equipment that is shipped to each client location;
- Examine and repair, as needed, all rental equipment upon arrival to the branch office, and label them appropriately (Red = requires R&M, Green = ready for shipment)
- Shipping/receiving of all surface rental equipment to client worksites as requested.
- Ordering parts needed to repair required equipment
- Working with Branch Manager in obtaining best prices for all equipment
- Obtaining ePO for each & every item ordered whether it is equipment or parts.
- Ensure shop and yard are in compliance with all Clean Harbors Health & Safety Policies, Procedures and Standards as well as actively participating in our safe work culture;
- Wear all appropriate Proper Protective Equipment (Steel Toed Shoes, Hard Hat and Safety Glasses (as required))
- Delivery and pick-up equipment parts from various locations around the branch office;
- Daily completion of the Shop Cleaning Checklist to ensure the shop remains clean and tidy at all times;
- Repair and maintain various types of surface rental equipment as required;
- Completing daily equipment reports;
- Conduct yard inventory (including checklists and reports);
- Ensure all equipment is in good working condition before sending out to client sites;
- Record and track all damages - facilitate and coordinate repairs in coordination with the Branch Manager
KEY ATTRIBUTES, COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 2 years of Oilfield service experience (preferred);
- Must have a valid class 5 Drivers license;
- Mechanically inclined;
- Excellent attention to detail and well developed organizational skills;
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and adapt to change quickly;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships;
- Flexible and motivated and able to work in a fast paced, demanding environment and respond to change quickly; and
- Ability to go into field as required.
- Note: First Aid, H2S and WHMIS safety tickets are an asset however Clean Harbors will provide training as required.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.