Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Clean Harbors|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||05/18/2012 08:10 AM|
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accountant is responsible for assisting in the monthly financial close, posting entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, supporting internal and external reporting and audits.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
· Prepare reconciliations of non-specialized balance sheet accounts including cash, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. Reconcile sub-systems to general ledger.
· Prepare account analyses of balance sheet accounts including prepaid expenses, other assets, supplies, inventories, notes payable, accrued disposal costs, accrued expenses, other liabilities and equity.
· Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including the consolidation.
· Prepare financial information included in footnotes and management discussion of 10Qs and 10Ks.
· Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reporting to governmental and licensing bodies.
· Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
· Prepare and post monthly journal entries.
· Close the books each month.
· Prepare reports to help management understand how the company is performing.
· Responsible for reading, comprehending, and following the applicable narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements.
· Responsible for reporting to supervisor potential control deficiencies noted, procedural changes that have occurred or may occur which may require update to SOX documentation, and for suggesting improvements to the financial control environment.
· Assist Financial Systems Admin with maintaining chart of accounts, reporting hierarchies and reports in PeopleSoft and TM1.
· Delivering timely and accurate reporting from financial systems including management, operational, forecast and budget reports.
· Support for end users related to financial system issues.
· Backs up the Financial Systems Admin during vacation or out of office periods.
· Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification, and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
Proficiency in Windows based applications; General Accounting knowledge; Strong knowledge of Excel
Job experience (internship) in professional office environment.
Responsibilities similar to those in position description.
· Strong proficiency in Excel
· Proficiency in PeopleSoft or similar ERP software (very desirable)
· Proficiency in Windows based applications
· Able to prioritize between multiple tasks
· Able to recognize and investigate unusual amounts on financial statements
· Able to maintain confidentiality
· Excellent communications skills
· Team player
· Sense of customer service skills
· Good writing skills
· Analytical and detail oriented
· Sitting, speaking and listening
· Grasping and reaching
· Standing walking, stooping and crouching
· Lift pull and/or push or carrying up to 10 lbs.