At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative, award-winning fleet of ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this is a great opportunity to let your career set sail.
We are currently searching for Landscape Specialist to join our team! This position is a six months onboard. Potential candidates must have a minimum Two to three years of plant care experience in a 4 or 5 star hotels or other high profile public venue with interior landscape garden. Knowledge and familiarity with Integrated Pest Management methods and procedures.
Degree in Botany, Horticulturist, Arboriculture or Ornament Horticulture
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Primarily responsible for the appearance, care and maintenance of the all plants in Central Park. Also responsible for the care and maintenance of all other live and artificial plants on board the vessel.
• Conducts public lectures and guided tours of Central Park, and discusses plant species, care & maintenance, volume, challenges, and other related topics.
• Provides weekly reports to the Facilities Manager on the maintenance of plants in the Park and on the ship, finances and personnel performance.
• Responsible for meeting all USPH standards within Central Park area (inclusive of water fountains sanitation, hand wash sinks, IPM, OPP) at all times.
• Manages three Horticulturists. Assigns tasks and ensures completion through follow up and inspection.
• Mentors, trains, and coaches the three on board Horticulturists.
• Prepares personnel evaluations on assigned personnel.
• Functions as the Central Park Manager coordinating with other Divisions who operate adjacent to Central Park to assure not only the plants but the overall appearance of the park is maintained. Reports damage and maintenance requirements not related to the plantings.
• Conducts tours of the Park and answers questions from guests relating to the Park and horticultural activities in general.
• Experience plus degree in botany, horticulture, arboriculture, or Ornamental Horticulture
• Experience with public speaking, and/or teaching on the topics of Horticulture, Botany, or Arboriculture strongly desired.
• Thorough knowledge of horticulture requirements of ornamental plants and safe use of insecticides and fertilizers, including knowledge of Integrated Pest Management methods
• Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly
• Strong communication skills in additional languages such as: Spanish, French, German, Italian and/or Portuguese preferred
• Must be able to accommodate a 6 months on / 6 weeks off contract schedule
• All shipboard employees must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation, including the participation in life-saving procedures and drills
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain a C1/D visa
Because of the high volume of responses, only those who meet our qualifications will receive a response