The Membership Director is responsible for managing all aspects of the membership department for the East Valley branch. The East Valley Family YMCA enjoys an excellent reputation and community support. East Valley Family prides itself for having friendly and family oriented members.
Under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director, the Membership Director is responsible for managing all aspects of the membership department for the East Valley branch. The scope of the responsibilities includes, but is not limited to, new member acquisition and retention, membership development and satisfaction, management and implementation of membership business functions and systems, front desk operations, branch marketing and communications, public relations, staff development and supervision, volunteer development, member involvement, financial management and daily operations of new and existing membership programs and services at East Valley Family YMCA. In addition, s/he is responsible for staff and volunteer involvement in Annual Support Campaign, YMCA programs, Membership and Healthy Lifestyles Committee, and other YMCA events. The Membership Director is also required to be in ratio 20 hours weekly.
- High School Diploma, College Degree preferred
- Capacity to develop and utilize systems to properly maintain relationships with prospective and existing members
- Experience with data management systems as tool to maintain relationships with membership base
- Ability to build relationships with community leaders in an effort to develop membership growth
- Hardworking, energetic, problem-solving leadership style
- Proficiency in developing and leading a team of staff and volunteers
- Experience managing and monitoring budgets
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage time efficiently to maximize effectiveness in staff oversight, relationship-building, and administration functions
- Passion for high standards and believes in the YMCA mission of strengthening the foundations of community
- MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT & RETENTION: Ability to increase membership acquisition (12-13 budget with 3% membership growth) and consistently meet retention and conversion-related goals
- MEMBERSHIP SATISFACTION: Increase membership satisfaction results in key areas such as staff competency, friendliness, caring, communication, cleanliness, and follow-up
- FISCAL MANAGEMENT: Ability to develop and fiscally monitor membership operating budget of approximately 1 million
- PROMOTING & MARKETING: Ability to develop annual marketing & promotions plan that exhibits the breadth & depth of the full membership experience to key target audiences in the local area
- VOLUNTEER DEVELOPMENT: Increases member involvement through volunteerism in fundraising, committee work, special events, and membership initiatives
- STAFF DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT: Actively engages, mentors and develops membership staff of approximately 20 to provide superior member service using the Member Relations Management concept
- FACILITY MANAGEMENT & SAFETY: Report and follow up issues with the facility.
- COMMUNITY RELATIONS: Establish and maintain the support of small businesses, schools, medical personnel, organizations, and community leaders