THE BERLITZ ADVANTAGE
Founded by Maximilian D. Berlitz in 1878, Berlitz Languages, Inc. is the world's premier provider of premium language and cultural services. Merging 130 years of innovation in language services with the latest in technological advancements, Berlitz provides state-of-the-art language training, cultural consulting programs, and proficiency assessment & testing services. Berlitz has over 500 locations in 70 countries, including more than 55 locations in the U.S., and delivers live online programs via the Internet through Berlitz Virtual Classroom. Berlitz has the resources through this extensive network to accommodate the needs of businesses and organizations from one-on-one training to enterprise-wide programs. In addition, Berlitz helps the world communicate through a wide variety of consumer program offerings for adults and children and teens. For more information on Berlitz programs and services visit www.berlitz.us.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Assure maximum satisfaction of our internal and external customers by managing their expectations in order to achieve the objective of creating long-staying, loyal customers. Support day-to-day Learning Center administrative functions, local Prospecting activities, and Walk-In sales opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ensure optimal Learning Center appearance.
• Regularly update Market Area Service Leader on local Center teacher or other delivery needs.
• Recognize outstanding performances for SPOT Award nomination.
• Support local scheduling functions:
o Post schedule daily / making necessary adjustment
o Coordinate as needed substitutions for instructors in cases of illness, inability to travel or planned vacations.
• Ensure materials are packaged, delivered at first lesson and posted per policy in LCMS.
• Support local group management in conjunction with the Market Area Business Development Manager or as indicated by Market Area Director
• Take payments and make bank deposits as needed.
• Responsible for adhering to corporate policies and procedures.
• Effectively communicate student objectives to LC Staff
• Maintain positive customer relations and ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
• Work in collaboration with Market Area Service Leader and Market Area Business Development Manager to support the Customer For Life initiatives, from the 1st counseling session to the re-enrollment interview.
• Update regularly Market Area Service Leader on students' progress and program completion.
• Motivate students to complete their programs.
• Resolve service issues when presented by student.
• Maintain regular contact with alumni.
• Work in collaboration with Market Area Service Leader to achieve ECSS targets for both survey completion and program quality ratings.
Acquisition Walk-in Sales and Local Prospecting
• Manage and process daily walk-in inquiries
• Conduct walk-in and other assigned sales activities from initial inquiry through enrollment.
• Work in collaboration with the Market Area Business Development Representative to support local prospecting activities as directed by the Market Area Director.
• Identify and redirect corporate opportunities to designated Market Area Business Development Manager or Account Executive, such as referral opportunities from existing customer base.
• Support local and national marketing initiatives, product launches and promotional campaigns.
• Foster corporate relationship development via regular communication with Market Area Business Development Manager. and/or Account Executives as appropriate.
• Strategize and implement action plans to capture greater consumer market share.
• Enter and manage information in LCMS.
Education: College degree or equivalent experience
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Sales experience preferred
• Successfully complete all Berlitz Sales and Operations modules as agreed with the Learning and Development
• Be able to take initiative and work independently
• Be flexible in working hours
• Be fluent in English (proficient in spoken and written English). A second language is desirable.
o FOR QUEBEC AREA: Be fluent in French and English.
• Proficiency in Internet and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Positive ratings for current/most recent performance appraisal.