Department: Goldbelt Hotel
Hours of Work: 20 hours
Provide cleaning duties by performing a combination of tasks, which maintain hotel premises in a clean and orderly manner, thereby contributing to a pleasant, positive guest experience.
• Moves and arranges furniture.
• Assists on turning mattresses as required.
• Cleaning guest hotel rooms to include: changing the bed linen, vacuuming, cleaning the restroom, emptying trash in room, and dusting.
• Hangs draperies as required.
• Polishes metalwork and furniture.
• Collects soiled linen for laundering and receives and stores linen supplies in linen closets.
• Supplies own cleaning cart with appropriate supplies for shift.
• May deliver ironing boards, baby cribs, towel, pillows, and roll-away beds to guest rooms.
• Operates carpet cleaner.
• Keeps halls clean and free of trash and or snow/water/ mud etc.
• Follow & understand instructions/directions.
• Learn hotel procedures and techniques.
• Must be able to read & understand all Company policies and procedures, including but MSDS chemical sheets and react in an emergency situation.
• Must be able to read, write and understand simple instructions & procedures.
• Recognize, greet and extend hospitality towards guests. Offer a high level of customer service by anticipating guests needs, respond appropriately to information requests and guest complaints.
• Establishes a positive work environment and an attitude of exceptional guest service.
• Performs other tasks/duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Must possess excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours, to work under stress and with patience and tolerance as a means to maintain sufficient operational coverage.
• Excellent customer service/guest relations, communications, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a daily basis.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees.
• Must be reliable and punctual.
• Must be able work well under pressure while being detail oriented.
• Ability to follow through and accomplish goals.
• Ability to independently solve problems using good judgment and creativity.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education and experience)
• Must be available to work all shifts
• Six months customer service experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education and experience)
• Six months experience in a hotel setting with a similar position
• High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
Standard hotel environment including restaurant, bar, and front desk areas; prolonged walking and standing. The hotel is a non-smoking facility with designated outside-smoking areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must handle tools and/or special devices to work, move or carry objects or materials. The employee is required to walk and use stairs, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to use hands to lift, carry or pull objects that may be heavy. The employee must be able to do repetitive work. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects 25-50 pounds. The employee must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, handle cleaning equipment and walk the entire shift.