Maine Trail Crew Volunteer
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Maine Appalachian Trail Club|
| Job Ref: ||
| Job Type: ||
Seasonal / Temp
| Country: ||
| City: ||
| Address: ||
| Post Code: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
05/21/2012 12:00 AM
Maine Appalachian Trail Club
Maine Trail Crew
An Exceptional Volunteer Opportunity
Join the Maine Trail Crew and work on Maine’s Appalachian Trail. Help preserve this precious and wild resource for future generations of hikers. An Enthusiastic staff awaits your arrival and is looking forward to building trail with you.
Work, hike and live in some of the wildest places left in the Eastern U.S. Projects focus on rebuilding and restoring heavily impacted sections of the Appalachian Trail. Crews utilize Griphoist® rigging equipment, rock drills and hand tools to build stone steps, waterbars and retaining walls to repair the Appalachian Trail.
Persons of age 18 or older – of all backgrounds – are welcome. Enthusiasm, good health, energy and adaptability are vital. Willingness to follow instructions, comply with safety rules, and share camp chores is essential. Experience helps, but we teach trail skills here.
- Transportation to and from Bangor International Airport
- Tents and packs are provided if needed
- All meals are provided, including off time between work sessions
- Make new friends
- Learn new trail skills
- Lots of hiking on the AT
- Build works in stone to last for the ages
- Stay in mountain-side campsites
- See Maine moose and hear the loons
- Recreational trips to the mountains, ocean and lakes on days off
- Receive a Maine Trail Crew t-shirt
- Feel great about what you have done for the AT.
Time Frame: June 16 to August 15, 2012 – You are welcome to join us for one or more weeks! Sorry, no pets are allowed
To Reserve your space:
Maine Trail Crew
231 Maine Avenue
Portland, ME 04103
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.