Journeys East Host/ Hostess
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Tulalip Resort Casino|
| Industry: ||
Casino / Gaming
Food / Beverage / Wine
| Job Type: ||
| Country: ||
| State/Province: ||
| City: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
11/05/2013 04:59 AM
Must have good grooming habits and manners.
Must have excellent communication skills for dealing with guests and team members.
Must be able to follow specific instructions.
Must have basic math skills. (Test required)
Minimum of one (1) year experience working with the public utilizing guest relation skills.
Minimum of six (6) months work experience as a host and/or cashier in a full service restaurant and/or casual dining restaurant.
Must be 18 years of age or older. (Attach documentation with application)
Must be able to obtain and hold a Food Handler’s card within 60 days from date of hire.
Must be flexible to work all venues in a similar position.
Will be responsible for the deliverance of the highest level of customer service to guests, VIP's, and co-workers.
Must attend mandatory guest service training.
Must be flexible to work both Casino sites, the Tulalip Resort Casino and the Quil Ceda Creek Casino.
Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation for a Tribal Gaming License or Permit.
Must be able to work any shift assigned to included days, swing, grave, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have successful employment history with the Tulalip Tribes and/or other employers.
Physical Characteristics and/or Prerequisites:
Manual and finger dexterity for the operation of a POS system and routine duties.
Ability to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to lift objects weighing up to 20 lbs. on a frequent basis.
Tolerance to be exposed to cleaning solvents and detergents on a daily basis.
Tolerance to be exposed to a smoke filled environment.
Tribal Department: Food & Beverage
Employee Classification: Non-exempt
Job Summary: Greets guests in a professional and friendly manner. Provides timely and quality accommodations for all Journeys East guests and Casino patrons. Thanks guests and patrons in a professional manner for dining in Journeys East. Responsible for cash handling and maintaining wait list and issuing pagers. Assists other Team Members as needed. Helps ensure quality guest service and satisfaction
Employee Reports To: Journeys East Supervisor or designee
Extent of Job Authority: Ensures proper dining room procedures and standards are followed, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Specific Duties Performed:
- Welcomes and seats guests in a friendly and timely manner.
- Manages wait list and issues pagers to guests.
- Properly seats guests following the assigned rotation of sections to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Upon seating informs guests their Server name and soup of the day.
- Adheres to proper phone etiquette as directed by Supervisor or Manager.
- Maintains specific directions, at the Host/Hostess stand, to the casino and restaurants at all times.
- Ensures Host/Hostess stand, floors, and work areas are kept clean and presentable at all times.
- Maintains proper inventory of Host/Hostess supplies.
- Maintains clean and presentable menus at all times.
- Completes a daily calculation of all receipts, cash, and maintains proper paperwork.
- Maintains issued bank, handling cash, and closing out checks.
- Understands and executes proper Sequence of Service.
- Studies and learns menu items and preparations.
- Performs the duties of food runner as needed.
- Knows all health and safety practices and procedures, including HACCP standards.
- Assists team members as needed to promote a positive teamwork environment.
- Maintains knowledge of current casino events.
- Performs all other duties deemed necessary or requested by the Supervisor or Manager.
Copyright © 1999 - 2014 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.