Human Resources Generalist Practicum ( Unpaid - January 2014)
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Whistler Blackcomb|
Ski / Winter Sports
|Post Date:||10/16/2013 06:00 AM|
Our Mission statement is the very essence of why we're here - a compelling statement that defines our reason to be here each day:
"To create memories as the best mountain experience again and again."
Why you'll love to work in Employee Experience:
1) Teamwork: A chance to work with a dedicated team of passionate and interesting people from around the world.
2) Leadership: A dedicated leadership team that focuses on YOUR needs, helping you you're your professional and personal goals.
3) Growth: Utilize your skills while building new ones. Gain confidence and valuable experience.
4) Variety: Every day offers new experiences.
5) Social: The most fun you will ever have at work!
As a representative of the Whistler Blackcomb Employee Experience team, you will work with and learn from four Employee Experience departments: Organizational Development, Events and Recognition, Communication and Administration and Employee Services. In those departments you will be assisting to maintain a fair work environment with learning opportunities and multiple engaging work related activities, creation and development and innovative employee recognition initiatives, events and activities that set a standard of excellence. Your creative and enthusiastic approach will keep our employees engaged and excited about working at Whistler Blackcomb.
Position Status: Unpaid internship: (Full-time workload 30-40 hours/week). This position comes with a staff pass allowing unlimited skiing and riding at Whistler Blackcomb and accommodation if needed.
Start/end dates for internships will be discussed during the interview phase.
• You will assist with various duties within Organizational Development, Events and Recognition, Communication and Administration and Employee Services which include the following:
• Assistance with Employee Experience Officer Duties
o Learning Curve Courses
o Employee Performance Management
o Employee Opinion Survey
• Assist with Events and Recognition
o Assistance in the planning and execution of all Employee recognition efforts and events
o Assist in the creation and development of marketing and collateral for events
o Assist in the evaluation process of events based on employee feedback
o Assist in the coordination of employee social club, Club Shred, events and initiatives
o Monitor and update Events budget with assistance of Event Coordinator
• Assist with Communications and Administration
o Initiate communication with departments via company intranet, printed materials and social media outlets, to promote upcoming events and activities going on around the mountain
o Administrative duties to optimize efficiency and maintain event files and records
• Assist with Employee Services
o Assist in distribution of all required company equipment issued at Employee Services
o Ongoing liaison with employees from all areas.
o Inventory counts
o Daily laundry organization and reconciliation
o Printing and re-printing staff passes
• Capture Employees in the workplace in all sorts of settings on video and photo and be prepared to compile a montage at the end of internship for the use of Employee Experience collateral and other promotional materials from Employee Experience
• Other duties as required in the Employee Experience division
• We are a company that believes in Teamplay; throughout the season you may be asked to assist in other departments as needed.
• Build strong working relationships amongst internal departments
• Maintain the highest level of service and professionalism at all time
• Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that We Care
• Post-secondary education, preferably in the area of Human Resources.
• 1-2 years experiences in a customer service environment
• Previous event planning/programming, communications, administration or project coordination experience would be an asset
• Excellent interpersonal skills, highly organized with a strong ability to meet deadlines
• Strong administrative and writing skills
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft office and desktop publishing
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize
• Creative, innovative, and animated
• Must have a flexible schedule, as events often take place outside of typical office hours
• You must be currently enrolled in a recognized Canadian post-secondary school who require this placement as part of their program.
• Learn about general resort operations and human resources within this environment.
• Explain the principle components of planning and executing special events, facilitation of meetings, communications and other human resources functions.
• Development of event management documents; including promotional collateral, critical paths and timelines, staffing schedules, risk management plans, and communication briefs.
• Basic knowledge about monitoring a budget
• Ability to understand how best to evaluate the success of an event
• General knowledge of roles and responsibilities within the Employee Experience division of Whistler Blackcomb
Reports to: Employee Experience Manager