Roads And Parking Supervisor - Seasonal Full Time
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Whistler Blackcomb|
Ski / Winter Sports
|Post Date:||10/11/2013 06:00 AM|
Roads & Parking Supervisor
Our Mission statement is the very essence of why we're here - a compelling statement that defines our reason to be here each day:
"To create memories as the best mountain experience again and again."
Top five reasons to work in Operations
1- Working outdoors
2- Once in a life-time experience
3- Best schedule - 3 days off every week
4- Unbelievable "corner office" view
5- Great team environment
Position Status: Full Time (30-40 hours/week) Seasonal, Hourly. Seasonal positions can be differentiated from year round jobs as the have predefined start and end dates. These dates may vary due to seasonal business fluctuations.
Job Summary: To oversee the safe and efficient operation of the Whistler/Blackcomb Roads & Parking Department and all it's parking areas, in addition to building and supporting a strong team of attentive and friendly parking staff.
What you'll be doing:
• To continually strive to exceed our Guest's expectations and to create memories for guests and staff as the best mountain experience again and again.
• Set an excellent example and strive to improve safety, service and job satisfaction.
• Assist with the selection, training and development of staff, exceeding present standards.
• Conduct employee reviews and participate in employee recognition programs.
• Ensure adherence to all operational and safety procedures, resulting in safe and efficient operation of vehicles and other equipment (Snowplow, Back hoe, Bobcat, etc.) and providing a safe environment for guests and staff.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining all operational aspects of the Roads & Parking Department including; maintaining all stairways and walkways, working closely with contractor's and other departments (snow clearing, Towing companies, Building Services, etc.), as well as cleanliness and set up of all parking areas.
• Provide leadership, promote team spirit and cooperative work ethics; provide the most outstanding examples of friendly, cooperative relationships with our guests, other staff and the Parking Team.
• Show initiative in handling routine matters and quick, thoughtful judgment in emergency situations.
• Is vigilant of and informs Manager of (or corrects) unusual or unsafe situations, not only in the assigned areas but anywhere on Whistler/Blackcomb.
• Prior to daily operation, all Parking vehicles will be checked thoroughly to ensure they are in safe, working order.
• All parking areas will be set up in a neat consistent manner, clearly marking all fire lanes, loading zones, and 5min drop off areas.
• Ensure Parking Hosts are properly assigned an area for which they will be responsible and understand their duties and responsibilities on a daily basis. Complete uniforms must be worn at all times.
• Ensure proper and complete documentation of all snow clearing performed any Towing issues, any accidents or damage involving a company vehicle or equipment (and immediately notify Manager). Also purchasing requisitions, invoices, and staff injuries while at work followed up with the appropriate WCB forms.
• Always wear a clean, complete uniform (with nametag) and maintain grooming standard as when hired.
• Assume responsibility for your parking areas and you're Parking crew, and provide enthusiasm and leadership at all times.
• At every opportunity, greet every guest in a friendly manner, making eye contact whenever possible.
• Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that we care
• Always show up on time, in uniform, and adhere to the grooming policy!
• Must be well groomed, in good physical condition.
• Must be mature, energetic and dependable, with the ability to take initiative and work unsupervised.
• Some heavy equipment exp. An asset.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and guest relations skills
• Must be very organized and have some office/administrative experience. Computer skills an asset.
• Ability to set the standard in the industry for running a friendly, safe, and efficient operation.
• Must possess a valid BC driver's license and a satisfactory driver's abstract
• Previous related experience an asset but not necessary
• A proven record as a team leader and motivator
• Must have a good basic knowledge of mechanics and vehicles.
• Proof of clear criminal record check