Engineer – Radio Systems
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Canadian Pacific Railway|
| Job Ref: ||
| Industry: ||
Transportation / Freight
| Job Type: ||
| Career Level: ||
Experienced - Non-Managerial
| Degree Level: ||
| Country: ||
| State/Province: ||
| City: ||
| Address: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
09/13/2013 03:05 AM
Purpose Of Position:
To design and assist in the implementation of safety critical voice and data radio systems used to facilitate the safe operation of trains. Orchestrate the end to end process of radio design starting from defining technical requirements, selecting of radio products, producing BOM and radio engineering construction drawings, developing commissioning procedures to install radio systems, assessing quality of vendor installed systems, and finally as-building engineering drawings and documentation.
• Develops technical requirements for data radio, Wifi, cellular and digital microwave systems. This includes the radio transmitters and also the associated antenna, cabling, filter systems and the antenna structures.
• Develops radio engineering design drawings outlining BOM and equipment interconnection details. Details that allow radio system installation vendors to construct systems to comply with the technical specifications
• Develops installation, test/commissioning and maintenance procedures for all radio systems.
• Assists Supply Services in the selection of radio systems products and radio system installation service providers that comply with technical specifications.
• Conducts testing of pilot radio systems to validate radio system designs.
• Supports project manager in overseeing the construction of radio systems. .
• As builds radio engineering drawings once systems have been installed.
• Bachelor in Science in Electrical Engineering
• APEGGA professional designation
• 2 to 5 years railway experience is an asset
• 5 to 10 years of experience in Radio Engineering system design. Specifically in the areas of mobile and data radio systems, antenna systems and filtering
• Problem solving / strong analytics
• Coordinating/influencing – facilitation skills at interpersonal and group levels
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.