The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for general support of the Marketing Manager including project coordination and assisting in the execution of consumer and exhibitor marketing programs for ten annual consumer home events across Canada. Responsibilities include maintaining email schedules; coordination of creative design and production; website content/audits, online/email marketing; conducting research and analysis and other marketing tasks as assigned. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in media planning, creative development, public relations, social media and events marketing.
• Specifically this position will be responsible for:
• Assisting with email and online consumer campaigns. This includes assisting the Marketing Manager with developing timelines, creative review, and delivery of online and email elements.
• Assisting with creative development of consumer and exhibitor marketing campaigns as assigned.
• Collaborating on research projects including compiling online survey results, competitive analysis, industry research, tracking analytics and comparing results and trends from year to year.
• Assisting Marketing Manager in ensuring that websites within Canadian markets are updated and maintained on a continuous basis. This includes: assisting with website content, updates, seeking new data to maximize websites and providing general consultation to the Marketing Manager.
• Working with media and PR agencies on developing show marketing strategies and media/PR plans.
• Assisting with sponsorship post show reports and evaluation.
• Assisting with Canadian event post show reports.
• Contribute to idea generation for show floor features, promotions and new online initiatives.
• Assist in creating basic graphics for email blasts and websites when needed.
• Organize and maintain all invoice, sales and consumer marketing binders.
• Additional duties as assigned by Marketing Manager.
Current shows in Canada include: Toronto Fall Home Show, National Home Show, GTA Home Show, Ottawa Home & Garden Show, Montreal National Home Show, Vancouver Home + Design Show, BC Home + Garden Show, Calgary Home + Design Show, Calgary Home + Garden Show, Edmonton Home + Garden Show.
• Has a Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism or Communications.
• Knowledge of Event Marketing or Consumer Events helpful.
• Excellent copywriting/proof reading skills.
• Knowledge of design software and creative design – Photoshop preferred.
• Detail oriented, takes initiative and is anticipatory.
• Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal), problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to provide new ideas, strategic approaches, business solutions, etc. that will help drive business.
• Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to be proactive and work independently while in a team environment.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.