Show me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| YMCA |
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||04/21/2017 06:24 AM|
The Sr. Program Director provides operational leadership to the Health and Wellness, Aquatics, Membership and Sports departments to ensure high-quality, consistent and integrated programming is in place to meet community needs and goals for program enrollment, quality, member experience, and budget. This position provides leadership and supervision to the team of directors and drives team engagement, department performance and individual staff development. Responsible for meeting continuous improvement goals and ensuring a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment is present for all members, participants and staff. This position is based in Lynn, Massachusetts. Lynn is a city with a diverse population of about 100,000 surrounded by the ocean as well as the expansive Lynn Woods Reservation. The YMCA has played a critical role in this community for over 100 years. |
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Recreation Management or related field
· 5+ years’ experience in one or more assigned program areas with at least 3 years’ supervisory experience.
· Commitment to, and a passion for, the YMCA of Metro North’s mission.
Member and Program Experience:
· Drives collaboration between Membership, Aquatics, H/W and Sports to enhance member/participant connection and commitment to YMCA programs.
· Ensures the member/participant experience is consistent, integrated and aligned to YMCA goals for member experience, engagement and retention.
· Adapts and customizes center program portfolio to meet community needs.
· Optimizes program capacity and enrollment.
· Monitors registration outcomes to understand trends within and across program areas and identify areas for improvement.
· Identifies and promotes key drivers of a high-quality member experience in center procedures, tools and processes; responds appropriately to member/participant inquiries and concerns.
· Plans community engagement and program promotion strategy collaborating with leaders and stakeholders inside and outside the Y.
· Promotes programs in the community through multiple channels. Participates in special events and activities both at the center and within the community. Develops and leads events as needed.
· Participates in direct service as needed to facilitate program operations.
· Facilitates regular and consistent staff meetings to ensure consistency and collaboration across departments.
· Identifies, manages and motivates a high-performing team that accomplishes program objectives.
· Hires, on boards and trains team members.
· Ensures staff compliance with required trainings and certifications.
· Establishes monitors and evaluates team goals and performance standards.
· Evaluates team members and provides coaching and intervention as necessary.
· Manages time and attendance for current staff, ensuring that time is accurately recorded in the HRIS system.
· Monitor payroll to ensure staff hours are maximized and aligned with member & facility needs.
· Accountable for oversight of overall program budgets, including managing program margins and expenses to meet financial targets.
· Monitors and reports on program portfolio financial performance.
· Ensures program safety and compliance according to program standards.
· Works to keep facilities safe, clean and inviting by adhering to association standards.
· Identifies, escalates and rectifies potential risks that could threaten the safety, health or well-being of members, participants or employees.
· Supports the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
· Support branch fundraising efforts
· Any other function requested of you by YMCA leadership