Show me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| YMCA |
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||04/21/2017 06:24 AM|
96 800x600 |
Under the guidance of the Sr. Program Director, the Kids’ Time Regional Director is responsible for the organization, delivery and quality of YMCA Before & After School programs to the members, program participants and community. The Regional Director will directly supervise the Site Coordinators and staff of the assigned before & after school program(s). This position works independently at times, and under the direction and guidance of the Sr. Program Director expected to refer to the vision and goals of the YMCA to determine how to accomplish tasks.
· YMCA Team Leader Certification
· High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
· Three to five years related experience preferred
· Minimum age 21
· Completion of required trainings including but not limited to: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff, CPR, First Aid & AED, Safety & Emergency Procedures, New Employee Orientation
· Strong ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
· Experience in effectively managing a staff team.
1. Organizes and oversees program curriculum as set forth by the YMCA Kids Time Program Standards
2. Organizes and ensures implementation of skill classes and department specific training for site staff
3. Responsible for portions of administrative organization including record keeping, evaluating, parent communications and any other documentation/tracking needed for grants, unique partnerships, and the overall success of the branch
4. Leads efforts to ensure continual program growth and enrollment
5. Monitors site operations to adhere to all YMCA health and safety standards and policies, and holds assigned Site Coordinators accountable as appropriate
6. Develops, manages and monitors the departmental operating budget, and meets or exceeds budget targets
7. Oversees the hiring, training, and supervision of staff
8. Maintains accurate records of staff certifications and trainings
9. Continuously monitors each assigned program through weekly site visits, evaluations and inspections to ensure highest quality and safety
10. Communicates with program participants and parents/guardians to ensure appropriate engagement of all stakeholders
11. Helps manage inventory of site equipment and supplies
12. Designs and implements new ideas to enhance before and after school programs
13. Organizes and coordinates special events
14. Leads and helps plan all required staff meetings and staff communications
15. Serves as a member of branch and association leadership team, and actively supports the overall objectives of the YMCA of Rock River Valley
Mission Advancement : Models and teaches the YMCA’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration : Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness : Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth : Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.