Senior Specialist - Positive Train Control (PTC) Systems
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Canadian Pacific Railway|
| Job Ref: ||
| Industry: ||
IT / Software Development
Transportation / Freight
| Job Type: ||
| Career Level: ||
Experienced - Non-Managerial
| Degree Level: ||
| Country: ||
| State/Province: ||
| City: ||
| Address: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
03/16/2013 05:38 AM
Purpose Of Position:
PTC is a U.S. Federally mandated computerized system for monitoring and controlling train movements, with the goal of reducing the risk of human factor errors. PTC represents a significant investment for Canadian Pacific and is one that bears long-term implications and improvements on our operations. This project touches a broad range of stakeholders both externally and internally.
The Senior Specialist - PTC Systems, with direction from the project solution architects, engineers and vendor architects, will determine how to design, build and implement the holistic infrastructure. This includes server hardware, data storage systems, operating systems, middleware and databases required for the suite of PTC Control System applications.
This role requires someone whounderstands the PTC infrastructure and applications at an expert level. This individual will provide Tier 3 infrastructure and application support, including problem identification and root cause analysis during the development and testing phase of this project. In addition, this individual will contribute to the development of Service-Level agreements and ITIL processes including Change, Event, Incident and Problem Management ensuring the PTC control systems are available 99.999% of the time.
• Provide expert level support of PTC infrastructure and applications.
• Lead the design of the PTC application environment.
• Lead the configuration and implementation of PTC vendor software.
• Provide expertise to the PTC team on troubleshooting application issues, application capabilities and limitations.
• Create and maintain documentation for the configuration, application and infrastructure functionality.
• Create a knowledge base that can be used by tier 1 and tier 2 support engineers to diagnose routine incidents.
• Monitor application and infrastructure performance characteristics on a regular basis and implement configuration changes that provide consistent performance and stability.
• Serve as third tier escalation and provide root cause analysis for incidents or problems with PTC applications and infrastructure.
• Assist in the development of Service-Level agreements, and ITIL processes.
• 10 to 15 years of experience with complex and diverse mission critical infrastructure environments, application development, application support in a 7 X 24 operation.
• Expert knowledge in Oracle and SqlServer configuration and management.
• Experience with implementing ITIL best practices and system management tools including HP Service Manager, Orion, Hyperic and Splunk.
• Experience with VMware vSphere infrastructure configuration and management.
• Expert knowledge of Disaster recovery and High Availability practices.
• Expert knowledge of Windows and Linux.
• Experience with project management methodologies.
• Ability to work in diverse environment and difficult situations specific to internal railway operation groups.
• University degree in Computer Science or Engineering is desired.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.