Show me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Microsoft Games |
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||03/20/2017 05:05 PM|
We are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to help design and maintain engineering systems and infrastructure for BigPark's multi-project, cross-platform portfolio. |
In this role, you will work with other engineers to design and maintain engineering systems, including build, code, test, release and package management systems. This will include designing automated test systems for graphics and 3D file formats. There will be opportunities to contribute to Open Source projects, work on cross-platform applications, and share solutions across teams at Microsoft.
Success will require teamwork and collaboration with a highly skilled team. Our products are highly iterative and involve explorative work.   You need to be creative and flexible with both software and process. We move fast here and adapt on the fly. If you require constant, rigid process this is not the job for you.   Working in our downtown Vancouver office is required: Remote or work-from-home arrangements are not possible.
• B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/education.
• Solid grasp of software engineering best practices.
• Able to work independently and own projects from design to delivery.
• Legally permitted to work in Canada.
• Experience working in large teams with modern version control systems like Git.
• Familiarity with Azure or other cloud services.
• Comfortable working cross-platform:   Windows, iOS, Android, MacOS, etc.
• Agile methodology experience.
• Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and ability to work under deadline pressure.
• Strong troubleshooting and communication skills.
BigPark is a premier product design and development team at Microsoft Vancouver.   We create flagship experiences for Windows devices – from Surface, to Xbox, to Hololens.   We own high profile branded apps such as NFL and ESPN, and are working on innovative new products and services.   We are a high-performance team with a culture that embraces new challenges, and encourages mentorship and continuous learning.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.