Show me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Microsoft Games |
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||03/20/2017 05:04 PM|
Are you passionate about writing shared systems and services which are used across the company to deliver applications and online content every day?   Do you have a passion for enabling our company to deliver our products to an ever evolving worldwide landscape of languages, cultures, and local markets? |
The Office Global Services and Experience team (GSX) is quickly becoming the One Microsoft team for localization.   Our live services are used today by Office, Exchange, O365, Skype, C&E (DevDiv), and Xbox to localize desktop and web application strings as well as online article content.   That's a majority of the localization needs for the company.   However, we're now in the process of on-boarding the WDG organization onto these same localization platforms.   When this transition is complete, our localization platforms will be depended on for over 90% of Microsoft's localization needs.
As a result, the opportunity and need to expand, improve, and modernize our services and processes is bigger than ever.   Our services will have to scale to support the entire company and provide visibility and deep insights into system performance, health, and throughput.   Additionally, these services will need to be architected in a way that can expand to the growing needs of the localization ecosystem both inside and eventually outside the company.
As part of the new center-of-excellence machine learning team in GSX, you will use ML techniques such as deep learning to create and put into production models. You will build new state-of-the-art algorithms, models, and services that surprise and delight our customers.
* Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for machine learning (ML) applications.
* Develop and/or apply statistical modeling techniques, optimization methods, and other ML techniques to different applications in business and engineering.
* Research and implement novel ML and statistical approaches to add value to the business
* Designing resilient services to maintain high availability and reliability
* Foster a data driven approach to everything we do
Qualified candidates should have:
* 3 years of industry experience designing, building & shipping software
* MS (PhD preferred) in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or in another highly quantitative field
* Experience in using R, MATLAB or other statistical software
* Mastery of object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns
* An ability to perform at a high level in a fast paced, dynamic environment