Responsible for the refrigeration and heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems throughout the ship. Manage the crew assigned to the refrigeration team to effectively complete scheduled maintenance jobs and address repair work as it arises.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Shall personally inspect the cleanliness and safety of galley, laundry, and launderette exhaust ducts, and shall ensure that all required and necessary cleaning routines and records are properly executed.
- In charge of the operation and maintenance of the HVAC plant, the provisioning plant and related cold rooms, all refrigerated bar and galley equipment.
- Shall monitor the consumption of refrigerants closely and raise the alert if any irregular situation should occur.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the engine room and galley ventilation systems, including local and centralized fire extinguishing systems.
- Delegate and distribute work for the 2nd Refrigeration Engineer. Assistant Refrigeration Engineer and Refrigeration Repairman, including training and guiding.
- Responsible for the maintenance and periodic testing of fire dampers and Gaylord systems including periodic inspection and cleaning of the laundry exhaust duct, including record keeping of the cleaning schedule.
- Must work closely with his Supervisors when scheduling maintenance work on the HVAC plant in order to create a minimum level of discomfort for passenger and crew.
- Shall be familiar with the active in the safety management system, including applicable responsibilities in the safety organization according to the emergency plan and station bill.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMES, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for the position.
- The Refrigeration Engineer is responsible for the AMOS System for the HVAC department and shall keep a close cooperation with the Engine Storekeeper, Staff Chief Engineer and the Chief Engineer. Responsible for the HVAC Stores, parts and supplies, inventory control and purchase requisitions. Shall work closely with the Chief Engineer to ensure that the expenditures are within the limits of the approved budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum of three (3) years prior experience repairing and maintaining refrigeration and HVAC Systems is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Highschool diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- EPA Certificate, not required, but preferred
12 Weeks Onboard & 12 Weeks Off