BioWare Edmonton- UX Designer (Contract)
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Degree Level:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Post Date:||03/01/2013 05:25 AM|
BioWare is currently seeking a User Experience Designer to be based in our Edmonton Studio. Reporting to the Web Development Manager, in this role you will be responsible for providing UX leadership for online products. You will brainstorm, research, wireframe, design and refine user experiences within product requirements and deadlines and then work with our team of artists and developers to guide the implementation of those designs. Most importantly, you'll learn a ton, have fun, and be a critical part of the success in our innovative online products.
• Excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills illustrating an iterative design process
* 5+ years of practical UX/UI design experience creating consumer facing web sites.
* Extensive experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies across multiple platforms
* A passion for UX and keeping current with recent usability trends and best of practices, particular for games, social applications or rich internet experiences.
* You must be comfortable with an agile process.
* Self-motivated and having the ability to produce in a fast paced environment with a dedication to iterate in pursuit of the best UX solutions.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain UX ideas and concepts effectively. This person should have the ability to articulate the rationale behind their design from both a user-centered focus and business prospective.
* Excellent leadership skills with proven ability to collaborate and work with cross-functional teams and successfully launch new products.
* Interest and experience in applying user testing and analytics to inform and optimize designs is a plus.
* Hands-on experience with Flash, Unity, and/or HTML prototyping build are a plus.
* A background in the consumer entertainment sector is a big plus.