Show me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Microsoft Games |
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||01/10/2017 05:05 PM|
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission critical environment?   Do you want to join a global team of highly skilled IT Service Management professionals to deliver world class infrastructure solutions that enable product development and test & release for Microsoft?   Are you passionate about Service Management, IT Service processes, principles, and delivering great customer service?   |
If you answered yes, join us in Microsoft Lab Services (MLS) where we leverage the latest architecture, design, and technologies to provide highly available and secure infrastructure solutions to Microsoft's product groups and mission critical release systems.   The MLS Team is focused on designing, implementing, and supporting the next generation of network and storage and server/cloud systems that enable our product groups to work at massive scales across the globe.   From Windows to Windows Phone, Office to Xbox, we have an opportunity for you to have an impact across the entire product delivery pipeline.   We are committed to enabling Engineering productivity through innovative design and application of Microsoft and 3rd party solutions.
As a Program Manager in MLS, you will use a combination of account management skills and technical expertise to deliver high quality services supporting Microsoft Engineering Groups. A Program Manager is adept at collecting business requirements and navigating technical challenges to drive real solutions. In addition, you will partner with Operations Management, Project Management, Business Management, and Systems Engineering groups to ensure customer centric, high quality, and cost effective service delivery.
The MLS Program Manager position is a service delivery role which involves liaising with our internal technical departments to manage a diverse range of support issues and communicating directly with the client. This is a customer facing account management role which involves holding regular service reviews with partners and clients, developing new services and service improvement plans, as well as recognizing new service opportunities to support internal business needs.
To be a Program Manager within MLS you need to be passionate about service delivery and delivering excellence to partners and clients. You should be skilled in dealing with senior contacts, strategic partners and clients, managing critical situations, have a strong technical understanding, and have a real aptitude for account management.   Additionally, you will need a good understanding of networking, facility management, and general IT operations management.
- Set and execute on the service strategy, ensuring a high level of client satisfaction and service delivery.
- MLS financial management including oversight of the related MLS service and budgets, and developing and maintaining chargeback models, if applicable, for the related MLS services.
- Lead regular Service Reviews with Leadership to ensure appropriate level of visibility across service strategies, projects, and metrics.
- Conduct regular business reviews with MLS customers and partners; creating and maintaining appropriate service level agreements & partnerships.
- Participate and support problem and change management best practices to ensure repeat incidents / customer impacting issues / systems issues are addressed and fixed permanently.
- Manage and develop key aspects of the MLS business, collecting business requirements for service enhancements or new service creation.
- Manage MLS service metrics and applying measures to improve service delivery.
- 3-5 years of data center/lab/IT Operations or Service Management experience.
- Experience with managing and maintaining IT security processes and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Attention to details and structured designs.
- Ability to balance workloads while collaborating with peers in building and supporting the next generation of IT services.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization.
- Sound technical problem resolution, judgment, negotiating/prioritization, and decision making skills.
- Experience with performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and site management for client/server architectures.
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline is preferred but not required. ITIL / MCSE / CCNA certifications are a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.